Ohio's Mr. Basketball is a KSUcks recruit

Columbus Dispatch: Mr. Basketball winner VonCameron Davis of Walnut Ridge credits parents for work ethic

Good for KSUcks and good for the MAC.  But I'm going to post a couple highlight videos below and, I've got to say, they strike me as pretty underwhelming. And that's not just sour grapes.  I'm obviously missing something.  But... his video reminds me of former Zips recruit Torrey Patton, who put up ungodly HS numbers but it was mainly because he was a hustler & 6'5".  His skillset didn't translate very well to D-1 college ball (I know he's a better player now as an upperclassman at CSU).

Does that impress anyone?  I know this is going to come back to bite me in the ass, especially if someone digs this up when he's a junior and senior - by that time I'm sure he'll be a good player.  

Here's another video on his VerbalCommits dot com page.  Tell me if his game doesn't remind you of Torrey Patton.

Edited by Blue & Gold

1 hour ago, Hilltopper said:

Must have been slim pickings this year. I see a 6'5" post player with no hops or outside shot. He has decent footwork. Gonna be a lot tougher getting those layups against bigger more athletic defenders.

Yeah I was gonna say I'm not even sure the kid can dunk? Good luck to him going up against Reece and Currie next year

I would have hoped that they'd come up with a better tape than one against that appears to be a 7th grade CYO team.

To the kid's credit, he averaged 26.2 points and 10.3 rebounds as a senior.  He averaged 15.9 points and 6.9 rebounds as a freshman, 22.8 points and 6.9 rebounds as a sophomore and 27.5 points and 11.6 rebounds as a junior.

Edited by clarkwgriswold

26 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I would have hoped that they'd come up with a better tape than one against that appears to be a 7th grade CYO team.

To the kid's credit, he averaged 26.2 points and 10.3 rebounds as a senior.  He averaged 15.9 points and 6.9 rebounds as a freshman, 22.8 points and 6.9 rebounds as a sophomore and 27.5 points and 11.6 rebounds as a junior.

Probably a hard NO from Groce and Co on this kid.  Mr. Basketballs enjoy being the #1 on the team.