Blue & Gold

Class of '21 Verbal Commits

On 5/10/2021 at 7:41 PM, Blue & Gold said:

Wow.  This guy didn't want to be here.

Eh, he was a walk-on anyway.

Initial post updated, btw.

Yeah, he was definitely a walk-on.  Or, by this tweet, likely offered some sort of partial scholarship...

EKU is FCS which has 65 scholarship limit but can offer partial scholarship. All 85 scholarships at FBS ( Akron ) are full, there are no partials. He was a walk-on..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/12/2021 at 5:51 PM, Zipmeister said:

Just for the heck of it I took a look at the Zips 2021 football roster. Not counting the 2 guys you mention (or any other late additions) there are 101 players listed.

What a disturbing breakdown by class: 6 Sr or R-Sr, 14 Jr or R-Jr, 24 So or R-So, and 57 Fr or R-Fr.

I haven't checked it out but have a strong suspicion there aren't many D1 teams younger than the Zips.

Don't think our youth is going to make it any easier to win games this year.

I was looking at the numbers in the same way recently.  Although there have been some slight changes per class since May, the trend is still the same.  However, there is a little more experience than it looks like.  With the red shirt rule and not losing a year of eligibility last year, we are skewed a little low (I know that this applies to all schools).  Take Logan Hawkings for example; he is listed as a R-So this year.  Looking in more detail, this will be his 4th year in the program.  This applies to others also.  So, although we are young, there is more experience than it looks and it should not be used as an excuse.  Go Zips!!!

• Like 1