Enrique Freeman

i don't know anything about the voting, but Kris Murry is staring for Iowa this season emerging out from the shadow of his twin brother Kenyon.  Kenyon was in attenance in Evanston last week when Iowa played Northwestern.  every time Kris got the ball, the NW students chanted "Kenyon's better".

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Reslife4Life said:

Not really sure how reliable a source ZipsBarstool is, but Enrique definitely is smart enough to realize he will be a Zips legend if he stays one more year

I don't think Barstool is typically a great source, but he does have a NIL deal with them so I'd guess there's at least some relationship there.

• Like 1

Freeman can return to Akron and become a legend, or he can go to a P5 school and become just another guy on the team. He's a fantastic Zip and MAC player. I think the nightly grind at a P5 school might be a bit much for him. His athleticism sets him apart in the MAC, but I don't think it's enough for the nightly grind of a P5 school.

2 minutes ago, GP1 said:

Freeman can return to Akron and become a legend, or he can go to a P5 school and become just another guy on the team. He's a fantastic Zip and MAC player. I think the nightly grind at a P5 school might be a bit much for him. His athleticism sets him apart in the MAC, but I don't think it's enough for the nightly grind of a P5 school.

I think he'd be fine at a P5 school, but he wouldn't be a focal point of an offense like he is here. I think a strong senior season here plus continued improvements could lead him to get some legitimate looks from NBA scouts.

One would also think that the disaster that was Ali's transfer season would influence Enrique's decision.  He's such a smart friendly, and well-spoken kid, I really really hope he's back.  He's a great representative of the program.  Another season like this year (or better) and he's within striking distance of top 3 Zips scorers all-time.  He projects to about 1,750 right now.

image.png.9a284555b2b009448170599253c1d09f.png

Edit:  Additionally he projects to 1,322 rebounds which puts him second all-time behind the Zips legend Fred Golding's 1,360 from the 1950's.  (I have no idea who Fred is).  Not bad for a walk-on.

Edited by RowdyZip
  • Like 2

On 3/13/2023 at 12:11 PM, Zippy87 said:

I think he'd be fine at a P5 school, but he wouldn't be a focal point of an offense like he is here. I think a strong senior season here plus continued improvements could lead him to get some legitimate looks from NBA scouts.

Sure, but there have been better Zips who never came close to the NBA.