2023 Outstanding Offers

• 2 weeks later...

New offer out to JUCO DT Bryce Dunnuck. A little surprising seeing as we already have 7 DTs on the roster. I wonder if the staff expects a current DT to hit the portal or if we see more of a 3-4 alignment this year? Or maybe I’m reading too much into it and Wartman just wants to land one of the guys he targeted.

• Like 1

Fresh offer out to JUCO DE Kabbash Richards. Michigan native that played at Eastern Kentucky for a few years before landing at JUCO. Richards started 9 games at EKU his sophomore year. From an athletic and potential standpoint I like this offer. Richards can play with his hand on the ground or as a standup edge. He runs really well for a guy his size.

• Like 1

Catdaddy, it seems to me that we are recruiting DL players who are long on potential, but short on actual performance. Hence the lack of significant D1 offers from other schools. What are your thoughts?

10 minutes ago, 72 Roo said:

Catdaddy, it seems to me that we are recruiting DL players who are long on potential, but short on actual performance. Hence the lack of significant D1 offers from other schools. What are your thoughts?

At this point, we are limited with our options. The better high school players have already signed (minus a handful that don’t involve us) and most of the portal options aren’t great. That leaves us with JUCO and whoever enters the portal in the next window (after spring practice). The latest JUCO offers have gone out to guys that will be able to enroll in May. My guess is there were some eligibility issues before now and they will probably receive more offers since they have been cleared.

We landed some high quality players in the April/May timeframe last year and I expect the same will happen this year. That being said, I still don’t like DE being so light on depth but Wartman is trying to address it.

34 minutes ago, 72 Roo said:

Based on the other schools that have offered every JUCO mentioned on this page, the staff must have doubts about their ability to sign anyone who can significantly improve the Zip's roster during the next portal session. And the greater the number of these JUCOs that sign with the Zips the lower the odds that we will have spots available for portal transfers that might be able to assist in the effort to win more than our standard two wins or less per season.

• Like 1

New offer out to JUCO DL Alex Navarro. Not sure what happened, but he signed with Portland State and is still listed on their 2023 roster. Rivals lists him as a DE and he would probably be a great fit for a DE in the 3-4, but more than likely would be moved to DT for us.

23 minutes ago, catdaddyp said:

New offer out to JUCO DL Alex Navarro. Not sure what happened, but he signed with Portland State and is still listed on their 2023 roster. Rivals lists him as a DE and he would probably be a great fit for a DE in the 3-4, but more than likely would be moved to DT for us.

Previously with the Arizona Wildcats?