Zips Baseball 2023

Spin

5 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Does anyone know if we'll be streaming any of our home MAC games on ESPN+?  

No pertinent information is given on GoZips dot com. 

Excited Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Last year, all home games were streamed on GoZips.com but not ESPN+. They were pretty decent broadcasts though. I assume it would be similar this year. My understanding is it costs more to produce ESPN+ broadcasts because they have higher requirements.

• Thanks 1

So, we're looking at going to the game vs. Eastern Michigan this Saturday, as we know parents of an EMU player.  Is Saturday double-headers like last season?  GoZips.com doesn't say.  And does it cost to sit in the bleachers vs. bring your own chairs?

16 hours ago, zippy-claws said:

So, we're looking at going to the game vs. Eastern Michigan this Saturday, as we know parents of an EMU player.  Is Saturday double-headers like last season?  GoZips.com doesn't say.  And does it cost to sit in the bleachers vs. bring your own chairs?

The bleachers have either been free (or roped off during COVID 🙄) every time I've been to a game.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, zippy-claws said:

Bleachers are free and were open every time I went last year. The MAC isn't doing Saturday doubleheaders this year, just 3 game series, one each on Friday, through Sunday.

• Thanks 1

Has anyone heard any rumors about a permanent coach? Will it be Donnelly as long as the team has a decent season? I've heard some talk that it could be Jeff Waggoner, who Marshall fired and replaced with Beals. Former Marshall player suggests Donnelly is a better coach than Waggoner.

The Saturday double headers were replaced with Tuesday games. I’ll miss the Saturday double headers, but there are some interesting Tuesday matchups.

The Marshall game was replaced by a home Tuesday game with Kent at Canal Park on May 9. We have other interesting regional matchups on Tuesdays, including home and home games against Dayton and Youngstown State (at Canal Park) and a road game at Ohio State. 

Not counting some interesting weekend games…

Edited by Spin

14 hours ago, Spin said:

The Saturday double headers were replaced with Tuesday games. I’ll miss the Saturday double headers, but there are some interesting Tuesday matchups.

The Marshall game was replaced by a home Tuesday game with Kent at Canal Park on May 9. We have other interesting regional matchups on Tuesdays, including home and home games against Dayton and Youngstown State (at Canal Park) and a road game at Ohio State. 

Not counting some interesting weekend games…

Not sure how accurate it is, but according to the schedule on GoZips.com, there is a Tuesday game (April 4) against EMU that is a conference game, but also Tuesday games against EMU (April 18) and Kent (May 9) that are not conference games. That may be inaccurate on the schedule but it wouldn't be the first time college baseball featured conference opponents that were not counted as conference games.

16 minutes ago, indians4841ks said:

Not sure how accurate it is, but according to the schedule on GoZips.com, there is a Tuesday game (April 4) against EMU that is a conference game, but also Tuesday games against EMU (April 18) and Kent (May 9) that are not conference games. That may be inaccurate on the schedule but it wouldn't be the first time college baseball featured conference opponents that were not counted as conference games.

IIRC the Kent weekday game replaces the Marshall game. 

On 2/22/2023 at 9:57 AM, Blue & Gold said:

Does anyone know if we'll be streaming any of our home MAC games on ESPN+?  

No pertinent information is given on GoZips dot com. 

Excited Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

They did today, with no cameraman or announcers. I’m thinking it is a security camera. Better than nothing I guess.

24 minutes ago, Spin said:

They did today, with no cameraman or announcers. I’m thinking it is a security camera. Better than nothing I guess.

Was that stream on ESPN+ 😂

When I typed up that question there was no "watch" info on the GoZips.com website. Now they have the "watch" icons up & it, as you said, basically looks like a security camera someone affixed to the top of the bleachers 😂

But, yeah, better than nothing. I tuned in for a couple innings today.

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Haha 1

I might have been a little harsh with that comment^. Watching SportCenter Top Ten Plays, all the college baseball highlights were recorded with a single camera behind the plate. Of course the televised games have trucks of HD equipment rolling in to put on a major production. Otherwise it's a single camera in/on the press box.  

• Like 1