Game 1- South Dakota State

clarkwgriswold

15 minutes ago, akzipper said:

Interesting. I went back and forth and actually took SDS +3. Maybe it's all the years of watching KD's teams come out flat to start the year, or just my negative nancy NE Ohio fandom getting in the way. I have a feeling it's going to be a really tight came that can go either way.

You're just hedging your happiness. If Zips win you're happy because your team won. If the Jackrabbits win then you're happy because you won money

14 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

You're just hedging your happiness. If Zips win you're happy because your team won. If the Jackrabbits win then you're happy because you won money

I bet against the Zips constantly during the first two Groce seasons. I knew they would struggle, but were also shaping up to be good in the future. Pay a few bucks for a win, or get paid to lose was pretty much how it was. I don’t miss those days, and I’m very happy to be on top and expect to win or have the expectation of being able to win every night. 

18 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

I bet against the Zips constantly during the first two Groce seasons. I knew they would struggle, but were also shaping up to be good in the future. Pay a few bucks for a win, or get paid to lose was pretty much how it was. I don’t miss those days, and I’m very happy to be on top and expect to win or have the expectation of being able to win every night. 

Glad I'm not the only one who does this! People say it's dumb, but honestly I can't imagine betting on any of my teams to actually win. Watching the Zips lose and also losing money would be brutal. 

Edited by akzipper

Does anyone have a good guess at the starting lineup?  Does anyone remember when we used to get programs with rosters and a little information about the visiting team.  Under Groce it seems we always have a bunch of new players and it takes me a few games to learn the players.  Nice to have a roster until we learn the players.  Tribble and Freeman could be Groce's first recruits to spend 4 years in the Akron program.  (okay, he recruited Freeman from the Akron cafeteria)

2 minutes ago, indians4841ks said:

Looking at the roster, the team looks a little thin on depth, especially with Dawson out. Kinda has me concerned now, as I wasn't aware that Dawson was out.

I don't know if we know how deep we are - or aren't - yet.

Guys on scholarship wise - we're deep.

Actual contributors - we'll find out. 

Groce ran a 7-8 man rotation at best during our special run late in the season last year. We don't need to be deep to be successful. We need 7-8 guys to buy into Groce Ball. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

I received my season tickets but my parking passes are digital.  I read the instructions and it indicates that I was supposed to have received an e mail to access my account.  I did not get e mail.  I just tried to access my account online and it did not recognize by e mail although they sent my payment confirmation to that e mail.  And of course when I call the ticket office, you guessed it, nobody answers even though we are 45 minutes from tipoff.  Would it kill them to print off the parking passes like every other year?

18 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

I received my season tickets but my parking passes are digital.  I read the instructions and it indicates that I was supposed to have received an e mail to access my account.  I did not get e mail.  I just tried to access my account online and it did not recognize by e mail although they sent my payment confirmation to that e mail.  And of course when I call the ticket office, you guessed it, nobody answers even though we are 45 minutes from tipoff.  Would it kill them to print off the parking passes like every other year?

I think they are being flexible tonight

20 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

Did you check your spam email? Maybe it got sent there. I received an email that had links to click, which let me download my tickets to a Google wallet.

4 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Yep, right by the northeast exit. 

So Groce and players will walk up there for interviews.   Well, we need them Courtside for away games more I guess.   But what a boneheaded decision.  There are two other guys sitting over there Courtside.   Not sure who they are