Game 9- Miami

clarkwgriswold

On 10/29/2022 at 9:42 PM, Let'sGoZips94 said:

When you're the backup QB on one of the worst football programs in the country, the only thing you should be saying to the opponent is Good Luck.

msnNOW: College football world reacts to bizarre Akron ejection.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/college-football-world-reacts-to-bizarre-akron-ejection/ar-AA13wfuh?li=BBnb7Kz

On 11/5/2022 at 9:17 PM, LZIp said:

Just watched Alabama go for it on less than 4th and 1 this past drive. Once out of the pistol and once out of shotgun. Of course they got it both times, but even Bama doesn’t go under center on 4th and short for whatever reason.

I'm trying to find it, but I saw a stat that 3rd/4th and 1 had a decent amount more of success from shotgun vs under center. Just don't remember if that was a college or NFL stat

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

I'm trying to find it, but I saw a stat that 3rd/4th and 1 had a decent amount more of success from shotgun vs under center. Just don't remember if that was a college or NFL stat

I'm very pro using analytics as I buy into it that it helps increase your chances of winning. That said, those analytics are basing the odds on you being a baseline average team. I guess what I'm getting at is for an example if analytics is saying that Iowa should go for it on 4th down in a particular situation it's not accounting for the fact Iowa has a pitiful offense. Meanwhile, analytics might say that Tennessee shouldn't go for it in a particular situation, however, it's not taking into account their high powered offense.

Edit: I'm not exactly sure why I responded to your post as my reply is some what unrelated. It's just an idea on my mind that I felt never really gets brought up when discussing analytics.

Edited by kreed5120

6 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

I'm very pro using analytics as I buy into it that it helps increase your chances of winning. That said, those analytics are basing the odds on you being a baseline average team. I guess what I'm getting at is for an example if analytics is saying that Iowa should go for it on 4th down in a particular situation it's not accounting for the fact Iowa has a pitiful offense. Meanwhile, analytics might say that Tennessee shouldn't go for it in a particular situation, however, it's not taking into account their high powered offense.

Edit: I'm not exactly sure why I responded to your post as my reply is some what unrelated. It's just an idea on my mind that I felt never really gets brought up when discussing analytics.

Good point, though.

Last week on Zips Live with Joe Dunn, Coach JoeMo mentioned that sometimes people want to see the QB under center on 4th & short but that the QB often doesn't get the needed yardage in those situations & that he feels you just have to trust your offense & play call to get the yard & 1st down. (I'm going to hang onto that for comfort b/c I'd still rather see the QB under center & just lunge forward. 😂)