2022-2023 Zips Women's Basketball

LoyalZIP

1.  WBB has the 3rd highest budget overall only behind football and MBB. It's even higher than MSOC. 

2. WBB has a FT strenght coach. Name one team in the MAC with a dedicated Strength Coach Full time for WBB only. Not shared with other sports. 

3.  WBB has shelled out 10k for money games for teams to play us.  

4. WBB charters on flights in league when most teams are riding the bus.

These are just a few of the things that show the level of support for WBB from Athletics administration at Akron.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

52 minutes ago, Hilltopper said:

1.  WBB has the 3rd highest budget overall only behind football and MBB. It's even higher than MSOC. 

2. WBB has a FT strenght coach. Name one team in the MAC with a dedicated Strength Coach Full time for WBB only. Not shared with other sports. 

These are just a few of the things that show the level of support for WBB from Athletics administration at Akron.

well, that should help in attracting a new coach...if it comes to that.

11 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

Track and Field is reloading as we speak. 

I'll revisit your statement next season.  Re-loading with quantity isn't the same as with quality.  Winning a MAC with only 5 teams in it on the men's side isn't the same as sending 14 athletes to the NCAA regionals, and the women won't finish above 5th place this season, IMHO.  I hope you are right, but I have serious doubts when I see what left, and see where credible athletes are going and that's not Akron.

1 hour ago, Hilltopper said:

Wow, good info.  From reading on here I was under the impression that the program was suffering from a lack of support, financial and otherwise, from the administration.  That does not appear to be the case.

32 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Groce has a saying about winning and deodorant...

We are well beyond that stench being covered up. At this point we’re praying we get an invite to the dance despite that funk you can smell. Get to Cleveland and give yourself a chance, that’s all we can hope for. 

Molly has been a real leader the past 5-6 games.  Dominique was "what the heck?" that last possession, thought we had given it away.  But she seemed more into the assist game last night than scoring.  Rachel is not only not scoring but seems invisible out there.  And just about the time I'm asking why Alexis is on the floor she hits a couple big shots or gets a big steal, so kudos to her.  But it was a needed win, that's for sure.  The cheerleaders put on a HECK of a show with their Nationals performance last night though!  Wow!

• Like 1