2022-2023 Zips Women's Basketball

LoyalZIP

Should be an interesting game coming up shortly. Two teams fighting for Cleveland, one with a coach already told she will not be back and the other in the 4th year of a 5 year contract and a dismal record after taking over a winning program. It's Senior Day, so maybe our departing women will turn it on. Or will Miami's solid trio of Scott, Wolf and Cluse fight to make it to the tournament and help their coach hang on?  🤔

• Thanks 1

Some surprising scores early on in Saturday MAC games.  Bowling Green after their recent home loss to NIU is having lots of trouble, down 35-21 at the Strohs to UB.  And PCCC WAS having trouble vs EMU, trailing 23-13 after one, but outscoring the Eagles 16-2 to take a 30-24 lead with 3 mins left in the half.  Katie Shumate has 16 already.

On 2/23/2023 at 11:18 AM, zippy-claws said:

8 minutes ago, Z.I.P. said:

Some surprising scores early on in Saturday MAC games.  Bowling Green after their recent home loss to NIU is having lots of trouble, down 35-21 at the Strohs to UB.  And PCCC WAS having trouble vs EMU, trailing 23-13 after one, but outscoring the Eagles 16-2 to take a 30-24 lead with 3 mins left in the half.  Katie Shumate has 16 already.

Meanwhile in the matchup of the day, Toledo leads 42-35 at the half at Ball State.

Congratulations Coach Jackson and all of you amazing seniors! Thank you for all you ladies have done for this program & to coach Jackson THANK YOU for all of the incredible 15 years here…you DO NOT deserve this!

The girls played incredible to leave the JAR on an high note…and to CHARLES…and the people on this board who support him…take that!!!

31 minutes ago, Z.I.P. said:

Does anyone know if Rachel Martindale has been nursing an injury?  It sure seems like the second half of the season we had just four reliable bodies on the roster... Move on and motivate for a Big Result in Cleveland and beyond!

She's usually been playing 30 minutes or more (including 35 today), so she's spent a lot of time on the court, just not scoring. She's had trouble getting open for shots all year though. Maybe there's a reason for that.

3 hours ago, LoyalZIP said:

Hell of a win. That’s exactly how it’s supposed to look! Both sides played well, the Zips taking what the opponent gave them and not forcing anything. Gave up a lot of looks inside, and were fortunate that Miami couldn’t hit from the outside. Great to see from this group. 

Agree, it was an entertaining game to watch. Seems to me Miami should be better. Scott was cold from outside, but had 8 assists and 3 steals. Their bigs were good around the basket, too.

Edited by ewbrooman1

On 2/26/2023 at 9:40 AM, RooFan said:

Thank you, for posting the article. Not sure when the red hawks traded in their digs for baby blue uniforms with navy gold trim?!? 

Considering the article was written by "staff reports" they probably didn't even have anyone there. Of course, they could have at least revised the caption instead of repeating the one from the Kent game a few weeks ago. 🙄

Edited by ewbrooman1

1 minute ago, LoyalZIP said:

They were getting hammered and got it down to 5 late. Then I can’t really even describe what I saw after that. 

They should make it to Cleveland, right?

The women's draw at the bottom is even more of a cluster than the men's.  Akron can be as high as 6 or as low as 9.  They are very, very fortunate Ball State is playing Miami on Saturday.  If Miami loses and Akron loses, Akron gets in...otherwise...I can't figure it out.

5 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

They should make it to Cleveland, right?

The women's draw at the bottom is even more of a cluster than the men's.  Akron can be as high as 6 or as low as 9.  They are very, very fortunate Ball State is playing Miami on Saturday.  If Miami loses and Akron loses, Akron gets in...otherwise...I can't figure it out.

I think the Zips get in. I was hoping they would get the 6 so I could go up and watch, but that ship may sail if they can’t win at CMU Saturday. I wouldn’t expect them to even compete in their tournament game, but any chance to be in that building during March and I’m taking it. Plus I’ve watched them all year, may as well close it out.