MAC Basketball 2022-23

Let'sGoZips94

10 hours ago, RoyalBlu said:

Taking a step back a bit ... it seems whenever there is a dominant team in the MAC over the years be it Kent or Buffalo or even the Zips, they are somehow portrayed around the league a classless, and/or thuggish, arrogant and more. Truth be told, it takes a bit of swagger and physicality to dominate and that almost always comes out on the defensive end.

The season is not even half over yet. Certainly not time to crown any team yet. As someone noted above, Kent didn't start rolling until February last year and were very ordinary before that. If this is their year, so be it. The tournament is still the deciding factor in the end. Just ask Toledo ... or look at the Zips.

No need to trash the opposition, no matter who it is. Just play ball. Loyola Marymount looks pretty good today, right!

Nope. KSUcks men's basketball has developed a long and illustrious tradition of dickheadery.  At KSUcks that tradition apparently never graduates, it just reloads.

Could anyone imagine high-character guys like Enrique, Sammy, Tribble, or Hankerson... just to mention a few... on the KSU team?! They'd be absolutely miserable. Thank God for Groce. Something about his character attracts a distinctly different caliber of person than whatever is wrong with the dysfunctional (I won't say degenerate) culture over at PCCC.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Nope. KSUcks men's basketball has developed a long and illustrious tradition of dickheadery.  At KSUcks that tradition apparently never graduates, it just reloads.

Could anyone imagine high-character guys like Enrique, Sammy, Tribble, or Hankerson... just to mention a few... on the KSU team?! They'd be absolutely miserable. Thank God for Groce. Something about his character attracts a distinctly different caliber of person than whatever is wrong with the dysfunctional (I won't say degenerate) culture over at PCCC.

The Zips players are tough as nails and I hold no misconceptions that they are perfect angels on and off court and in the lockerroom.  And the Kostelac incident was a black eye.  But the Flashes are low hanging fruit on this issue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

Just recently they’ve had:

The embarrassment last year

Pippen beating the s*** out of Justin Hamilton in the team hotel during the 2021 tournament

Jaylin Walker getting in a bar fight to be suspended for senior night

And also last year, an assistant coach’s nephew (Sullinger) got an OVI then played in the MAC title game shortly after

And Pinky’s presser after the ass-kicking Groce put on them last year was pathetic. Took ZERO accountability for the incident(s) from last year or any of the prior junk. The inmates run the asylum over there. No matter what happens in 2023, I will forever feel better for what we have than that joke of a successful college basketball program. I’m proud to be an Akron Zip, now more than ever. Beat WMU. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, RoyalBlu said:

Taking a step back a bit ... it seems whenever there is a dominant team in the MAC over the years be it Kent or Buffalo or even the Zips, they are somehow portrayed around the league a classless, and/or thuggish, arrogant and more. Truth be told, it takes a bit of swagger and physicality to dominate and that almost always comes out on the defensive end.

The season is not even half over yet. Certainly not time to crown any team yet. As someone noted above, Kent didn't start rolling until February last year and were very ordinary before that. If this is their year, so be it. The tournament is still the deciding factor in the end. Just ask Toledo ... or look at the Zips.

No need to trash the opposition, no matter who it is. Just play ball. Loyola Marymount looks pretty good today, right!

All good points, but there's always a need to trash Kent 

My season tickets are close to the floor and I have seen some puckish behavior by Zips players in years past but not this year.   Groce had recruited some great guys and you could not ask for a better role model than Freeman.  During one of our games an opposing player got into our huddle and the players handled it well.  Kent had a tech called on them on Friday although it was not clear what happened.   

• Like 1

Man, I’m heartbroken to read that Kent lost. That team is a stand-up group and it pained me to watch the end of that game. Hopefully they don’t meet NIU in the Elite Eight when they go for their 50th win of the season. I hear Bama is going to interview Sendy for when Saban retires. I’m so so sorry!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Hilltopper said:

NIU is a graveyard for overconfident MAC East teams.

I had KSUcks/NIU Under 156.5 tonight in a parlay. Figured KSUcks would be good for 70-80, and their "top notch D" would be good to hold NIU to less than 70. Should've known those pompous, arrogant, cocky punks wouldn't get up for this one. 19 leg parlay and they are most likely going to be the only miss (barring an insane shooting performance from Wyoming/UNLV).

Edited by Let'sGoZips94