2023 Akron Zips Football Tickets

bigjim

Yesterday, I re-upped my season tickets for this fall, 2023.  Now, as I see the schedule, I am greatly disappointed.  However, I would have still paid for 2023 football tickets regardless of the schedule.  I will always love my Zips, and I started my season tickets in the late 80s. I dealt with Matt at 330-972-6982 and he was very polite and a professional.  I am hoping that this post can track the Football season ticket renewals and that we get a 1000 ticket renewals documented soon as we look forward to a great season.

In Coach JoeMo we trust!!!!

• Like 2

I love the Zips...but I'm not renewing this year. I've had season tickets the past few seasons and loved it, but felt a sense of personal guilt for missing one home per season due to the money I dropped on good seats and stuff. Now looking at the schedule this season, I'm glad I'm passing. Personally, no sense in spending the money to guarantee not be able to make it to at least 2 home games this season.

With that, I'll certainly watch. Frankly speaking, a 75 inch TV isnt exactly a bad way to watch a Zips game. 

I'll certainly also make it to at least one home game this year and do a good tailgate while I'm at it. But as a season ticket holder, the juice just isnt worth the squeeze for me. Maybe in the future again, we shall see. 

• Thumbs down 1

I will re-up even though I can't make all games. I feel this program has great hope for the future and I want to be part of the folks that help make it happen, even in a small way.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, GoZips86 said:

I love the Zips...but I'm not renewing this year. I've had season tickets the past few seasons and loved it, but felt a sense of personal guilt for missing one home per season due to the money I dropped on good seats and stuff. Now looking at the schedule this season, I'm glad I'm passing. Personally, no sense in spending the money to guarantee not be able to make it to at least 2 home games this season.

With that, I'll certainly watch. Frankly speaking, a 75 inch TV isnt exactly a bad way to watch a Zips game. 

I'll certainly also make it to at least one home game this year and do a good tailgate while I'm at it. But as a season ticket holder, the juice just isnt worth the squeeze for me. Maybe in the future again, we shall see. 

Everybody has different financial situations and has a right to spend their money however they want, but I'll just share my approach for consideration. I know I can only usually make it to a few games a year. Considering that and the games not being a "hot ticket in town", I only purchase GA tickets. Happy to up that to reserved seating whenever I feel its personally appropriate, but to me, the $120 for two GA tickets is more a show of support than anything. Obviously, the few games I'm able to make it to and the tickets already being paid for is nice too.

Additionally, you can transfer them if you know of somebody else attending and you can't go. Unsure if they still do it, but a few years ago they'd let you transfer tickets from say a weeknight CMU game to a weekend Ohio game, so if you host a tailgate and have people attending who otherwise might not be, having tickets for them/maximizing your season ticket purchase is also nice.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Everybody has different financial situations and has a right to spend their money however they want, but I'll just share my approach for consideration. I know I can only usually make it to a few games a year. Considering that and the games not being a "hot ticket in town", I only purchase GA tickets. Happy to up that to reserved seating whenever I feel its personally appropriate, but to me, the $120 for two GA tickets is more a show of support than anything. Obviously, the few games I'm able to make it to and the tickets already being paid for is nice too.

Additionally, you can transfer them if you know of somebody else attending and you can't go. Unsure if they still do it, but a few years ago they'd let you transfer tickets from say a weeknight CMU game to a weekend Ohio game, so if you host a tailgate and have people attending who otherwise might not be, having tickets for them/maximizing your season ticket purchase is also nice.

I like the upper level seats for the view. My upper level reserved seats are $99 each (x2) and includes parking. That's essentially "free." I'll probably pay it until I die, or some future AD hires the next Ianello. 

• Like 1

I got 2 GA tickets last year, may up it to 4. I go to every game but rarely have my party filled. It's better for the department's metrics to buy the season tickets as opposed to just donating, which I do some of as well. GA tickets for Akron football and men's basketball may be the best deals in college athletics. You get to see a great team play in a barn for $4 a night and get to hang out for an evening or afternoon at one of the nicest football venues in the country for a few hours every fall. Sign me up!

If you ever get the chance, Club Level is also incredible. The suites, even more beautiful. That stadium is coming up on 15 years old and I still don't think I will ever be able to fully appreciate how nice it is. Especially considering how little the MAC cares for its own fans. 

I was imagining a much improved Zip squad building momentum up to playing Kent at home in early-mid October on a beautiful Saturday afternoon at 3:30 in front of a real college football crowd and experience. What a silly thing for me to do. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, GoZips86 said:

LOL bigjim gave me the nice thumbs down for my post. Sorry my reasoning wasn't good enough for you. 

This site is tough, I'll say that. Goodness. 

I apologize.  I just wait for the day the stadium is full for a football game.  I get frustrated when I see the Suckeyes with a full stadium of cheering fans and we cannot get 5000 fans for a game.  I have cousins from both sides of the family that got a degree from Akron and live locally and will not come to a game, even with free tickets and a free tail gate, and I put on a great tail gate.  I will not give anymore thumbs down on this topic, but I hope we get a lot of season tickets.

Go Zips!!!!

• Like 1

On 3/2/2023 at 7:49 PM, bigjim said:

Yesterday, I re-upped my season tickets for this fall, 2023.  Now, as I see the schedule, I am greatly disappointed.  However, I would have still paid for 2023 football tickets regardless of the schedule.  I will always love my Zips, and I started my season tickets in the late 80s. I dealt with Matt at 330-972-6982 and he was very polite and a professional.  I am hoping that this post can track the Football season ticket renewals and that we get a 1000 ticket renewals documented soon as we look forward to a great season.

In Coach JoeMo we trust!!!!

I'm in for my usual 4 seats.  Go Zips!

• Like 1

I see we are up to 20+ season tickets for 2023 for the passionate fans on the nation.  Going through the channels on TV tonight, I see an XFL game that has thousands of fans in attendance.  And Akron cannot get local alumni or students to attend the game.  Many of these locals have good jobs due to the education they received at the University of Akron.  And, they cannot attend a football game or buy season tickets.  I think this is really sad.  I understand P5 schools selling out the seats for their home games.  I am so disappointed in Guthrie who I have not seen anything he has done to increase football attendance.  I would put him on a short list to keep his job, unless he can turn this reality around.  

Go Zips!!!

This will be my 53rd year as a season ticket holder. I consider my two club seats a bargain. At $500 each I get a parking pass and great club amenities for 5 games. By comparison, I attended a Cavs game recently where a lower level seat went for the same price for one game! Zips athletic events are a bargain.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

This will be my 53rd year as a season ticket holder. I consider my two club seats a bargain. At $500 each I get a parking pass and great club amenities for 5 games. By comparison, I attended a Cavs game recently where a lower level seat went for the same price for one game! Zips athletic events are a bargain.

I'm debating between club seats or seats closer to the field, what are the club amenities you are talking about, other than being under cover?

15 hours ago, bigjim said:

I see we are up to 20+ season tickets for 2023 for the passionate fans on the nation.  Going through the channels on TV tonight, I see an XFL game that has thousands of fans in attendance.  And Akron cannot get local alumni or students to attend the game.  Many of these locals have good jobs due to the education they received at the University of Akron.  And, they cannot attend a football game or buy season tickets.  I think this is really sad.  I understand P5 schools selling out the seats for their home games.  I am so disappointed in Guthrie who I have not seen anything he has done to increase football attendance.  I would put him on a short list to keep his job, unless he can turn this reality around.  

Go Zips!!!

Going to online only tickets and tacking on a service charge of 25% or more doesn't help.  It ended my attendance at several sports.  

19 minutes ago, uhgrad2002 said:

Going to online only tickets and tacking on a service charge of 25% or more doesn't help.  It ended my attendance at several sports.  

You can buy tickets at the gate without the fee. Even so, a 25% surcharge on a $15 ticket totals $18.75.

17 hours ago, bigjim said:

Go Zips!!!

He's not the first AD that failed to get people to UA football games, though I would agree no one is coming up with new ideas.

I think it also a tough sell for the common fan to buy tickets for an inferior product.  If you're one of us that strongly follows out alma mater's teams, you'll buy.  Otherwise if you are "Joe Akron", you'll go to the local high school game or watch the Buckeyes, at least until you can see a regular winner.

Edited by clarkwgriswold

6 hours ago, uhgrad2002 said:

Call or stop in at the Ticket Office and there is no extra charge (maybe a $5 total charge for the whole order on season tix).  They will email you eTickets or mail you paper ones.  Don't let the Google get you! 

Just now, Zip JD said:

Call or stop in at the Ticket Office and there is no extra charge (maybe a $5 total charge for the whole order on season tix).  They will email you eTickets or mail you paper ones.  Don't let the Google get you! 

I forgot to mention parking pass is thrown in with season ticket orders.  If they try to give you Lot 1 (parking deck) ask for Lot 8 for hoops and Lot 9 for football.  

• Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 10:32 AM, MarkWiley said:

I'm debating between club seats or seats closer to the field, what are the club amenities you are talking about, other than being under cover?

Better food availability, full bar, indoor seating with tv's, better restrooms, seatback chairs.