Fireworks Light Up the Info

bUAkronG

We just got home and all I can say is"what a great job!" We spent some time on levels 5 & 6 and watched the fireworks from the main concourse. Everyone from the university thanked us for coming. That came for Dr. Proenza down to the young ladies that were offering Zippy cookies at departure. If they continue this kind of attention and the team wins on a consistant basis, there is no doubt in my mind that we will be consistenlty be sold out.

It was an event. There was a grand opening celebration on the north concorse for Founders Club and season ticket holders. The upper level boxes were very active. I am not sure if that was part of the same event and people could go to their boxes or if it was another grand opening celebration. Anyway, the band played, Zippy danced and there were fireworks.As for the fireworks, it was something, but I don't know if it represents what people can expect to see. Quite a few large embers landed in the east stands (thank God for aluminum!) and a few landed on the field. Imagine the thoughts of all that rubber fill lighting up hours before game time! The fireworks were spectacular. Some of the larger bursts were opening directly over our heads. I never looked straight up at fireworks before. Anyway, it was a grand show and the stadium seemed to be in good shape afterwards.The university put a lot of effort into making it a nice event. I think those people are working hard to see that this goes well and everyone has a memorable and enjoyable time. They deserve a lot of credit.