Can't State on ESPN.com's Top Stories

Bleacher Bum

Well i'm sure he wont get into anymore trouble considering pot is legal on kents campus right?
I know you were just kidding but let's be honest here. Pot is widely used throughout UA's campus. As are other drugs. It's college. I've never been to Can't's campus so I wouldn't know the atmosphere there, but I'm willing to bet they use as much or less pot then students at UA. I know it's been a running joke(Can't is a hippie school etc) but I can't lie, I've never seen someone do as much acid as this kid a few doors down from me. Does that make Akron a bunch of hippies too?Just putting a long running joke into perspective.

Well i'm sure he wont get into anymore trouble considering pot is legal on kents campus right?
I know you were just kidding but let's be honest here. Pot is widely used throughout UA's campus. As are other drugs. It's college. I've never been to Can't's campus so I wouldn't know the atmosphere there, but I'm willing to bet they use as much or less pot then students at UA. I know it's been a running joke(Can't is a hippie school etc) but I can't lie, I've never seen someone do as much acid as this kid a few doors down from me. Does that make Akron a bunch of hippies too?Just putting a long running joke into perspective.
:rolleyes:

lol well akron may have its share of "hippies" and drug users but lets not forget that at this University there are consequences for being caught doing such things. At Can't if you are an athlete all you get is a slap on the wrist and you are right back into the games.

lol well akron may have its share of "hippies" and drug users but lets not forget that at this University there are consequences for being caught doing such things. At Can't if you are an athlete all you get is a slap on the wrist and you are right back into the games.
Okay. I wont go any further. You are right about athletes.

While not defending what they are doing over there in any fashion, Ford's previous quoted comment needs to be in context:"I don't care what people say. They're going to have their opinions, but I know what kind of mindset Tyree is in. I didn't know him five years ago, but I know today he's as quality a kid as we have in our program." Whether the "today" Evans holds out is the question...

While not defending what they are doing over there in any fashion, Ford's previous quoted comment needs to be in context:"I don't care what people say. They're going to have their opinions, but I know what kind of mindset Tyree is in. I didn't know him five years ago, but I know today he's as quality a kid as we have in our program." Whether the "today" Evans holds out is the question...
yeah i think its important to note that he has not done anything wrong at Can't State, only in his past. This kid is not the same as the example i used before of getting a slap on the wrist. Though im sure just like any other Can't athlete he would get away with murder if it happened.

I've known bad kids who grew up to be outstanding adults, and I've known good kids who went wrong as adults. So I find it difficult to pass judgment on an individual based entirely on his past. Giving a second chance to someone to make good is not a bad concept. We would all hope to have the same opportunity if we had made mistakes in our early years.The cynical part would be if the only ones given a second chance are gifted athletes brought in primarily to pump up team records and help bring glory to an institution. My question would be if an institution has similar programs for troubled youth who are not athletically gifted. If they do, then I would respect them for their consistency. If they don't, then they get no respect at all from me.