Stadium Preview Event Details

Aaron

Just received the following email:The University of Akron athletics department will allow the public to get a feel for InfoCision Stadium-Summa Field on game day, hosting a Stadium Preview/Meet the Team Saturday (Aug. 29) from 11 am-1 pm.The event is free and open to the public and parking will be available in the lots on the corners of Carroll and Spicer Streets. Also, free food will be provided (while supplies last) in the new concession areas, including Papa John's Pizza, Shearer's Pretzels and Pepsi products.However, to enter, you must first pick up a ticket at Gate 2 of InfoCision Stadium (northwest corner, closest to the Lee Jackson Track and Stile Field House). We are asking everyone to get their free ticket in order to test the new scanners.Once inside, fans will have a taste of the atmosphere that will be present Sept. 12 when the Zips host Morgan State at 2 pm. There will be inflatables and other games; the audio, video board and ribbon boards will be tested; the 2009 Zips football team will be on hand to sign autographs and have their pictures taken; Zippy and more.In addition to walking throughout the concourse and on Summa Field, fans can tour the FirstMerit Foundation Club Level. Then, at Noon, those who have purchased luxury suites will have the "Suite Testing" where they can taste items that will be on the menu for the Zips' six home games. For more information on the "Suite Testing" contact the Z-Fund at 330-972-FUND.As a reminder, FSN Ohio will broadcast a 30-minute show devoted solely to InfoCision Stadium-Summa Field. The show will debut on Thursday, Aug. 27 at 9:30 and air a total of 10 times. The schedule for the 10 shows is as follows:Akron Zips: Welcome to InfoCision Stadium (broadcast on FSN Ohio)Aug. 27 - 9:30 pmAug. 28 - 10:00 pmAug. 29 - 1:30 pmAug. 31 - 10:00 pmSept. 1 - 11:00 pmSept. 2 - 7:30 pmSept. 3 - 9:30 pmSept. 4 - 2:00 pmSept. 4 - 6:30 pmSept. 5 - NoonSee you on Saturday!

So, what's the first thing everyone's gonna do at the new stadium? I think I'm going right for the bathroom to check out the stall doors. Heck, I might even put a Can't sticker in one of the urinals, just to improve everyone's aim. ;)
please do!

Left work at a reasonable time last night while traveling in Columbus, grabbed some grub, and sat down to watch the show. FSN was on and it was.....HS football!?!?!?!? Oh well, I should have known, in Columbus, there is only ONE University in the state. I don't have cable at home so I'll have to figure something out. :wall: