Can't State Fans are delusional

http://ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=402188Here's some quotes:First of all, here's the voice of reason who starts the whole ordeal:
Not the b-ball program, but our overall athletic dept. We are seriously getting passed up by Akron in many ways. They are simply marketing our guns off. Is our president so blind to not see this happening? The Zips are the big thing in town right now. And not just because they have the new stadium, but because they actually market their athletic program. This will surely translate to their admissions office this year.
Kentville, maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture living in Raleigh. However, what was once a few billboards, as opposed to Can't's 1 billboard on SR 43, in Streetsboro, has gotten a bit of noteriety. 2 weeks ago I was home visiting and Akron had an ESPN game and several radio spots. Maybe it was just a weekend thing. Maybe its because I'm just visiting NE Ohio on bad weekends. Maybe its just the novelty of the new stadium. But it will translate to bigger things in high school guidace offices.
And here comes the ill informed posts that this title was in tribute to:
Really? How do you explain the record enrollment at Can't State- up 12%? Or, how have we been identified as the 4th most desired state university(measured as where students want their SAT scores sent) while Akron is 12th?There are many things I'd do differently if I were Lestor Lefton. However, I think his investment in the campus, the quality of education and finally building a downtown in Can't is going to lap any bill boards Akron puts up. As much as some of us would like it to be otherwise , qualified students who have a primary interest in big time sports as part of their college decision are not looking at MAC schools. Those programs don't worry about counting "billboards." How many " Come See Duke Basketball ads" do you see in North Carolina?
Hm, no. Can't had no growth at their main campus. Those numbers are practically just showing the growth at their branch(AKA community colleges). Akron had a growth of 7% and we now have almost 6,000 more students at our main campus.This next one is my favorite.
I agree flushFan. I'm not really worried about Akron. The schools are very dissimilar in a lot of ways including athletics and I think our basketball team has done a lot of speaking for itself in the past few years. The $200m in renovations they are doing to the campus in the next 3-5 years will help boost the already record enrollment. Plus we are a larger school than they are in terms of student population and growth as it is. We murder Akron in research money and research production and I have an inside perspective on that one. Akron is much better than Can't when it comes to polymer science and inorganic science but if their business school could hold a candle to ours companies from Akron such as Goodyear wouldn't be pumping millions of dollars into Can't's business school instead of their hometown one. Not to mention our school isn't really going into debt for any of that.
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. I'm not sure how much of this is even true. The 200 mill that Can't is using will be paid for through bonds..sound familiar? That's called debt and it's exactly what Akron did TEN years ago. As I stated earlier, Can't is actually a smaller school. Can't murders Akron in research? Hm. News to me and the board of regents:http://uso.edu/strategicplan/handbook/uso/structure.php#20Annual $ spend on RnD*Akron= 28,440*Can't= 11,076Really, our b-school can't handle theirs? http://bwnt.businessweek.com/interactive_r...d_bschool_2009/*Akron= #93 in the country*Can't...hm...not listed...interesting...I'd like proof about Goodyear not funding our program.And then there's this bomb...
I had lunch with President Lefton a few weeks ago and I am very encouraged in the direction he is taking Can't State. He talked about wanting to make Can't State where people wanted to go.In essence, he sees Can't State becoming the Miami of Northeast Ohio. He compared Akron to Walmart (bottom) and compared Can't State to a Dillards (middle of the road). I thought that was a great analogy.
:lol: Either this guy is making crap up(likely), or Lestor is straight out of his mind.Are these guys NUTS or what?