Paul Winters as OC at Akron

afootball

Paul Winters as OC at Akron 3 winning seasons out of 10

I'm not saying he is or isn't the guy, I am just asking???????????????

Narduzzi must have pulled out for a reason........................

I think you have been saying that with all of your posts. Since when do people track W-L records for offensive coordinators?

that overall record is really good considering the program he came into was awful. He turned things around there. Let's hope he can replicate that success with the Zips. I believe it's Paul Winters job if he wants it. If not, we need to start calling for Tom Wistrcill's head.

Stats are nice for making points. But you have to have some understanding of how those stats are relevant to the point you're trying to make.

Akron lost under Lee Owens (with Paul as OC) because the Zips could not defend, period. Akron was a blast to watch (and often frustrating to watch) under Lee Owens (with Paul as OC) because they could put up points against virtually anybody. Paul Winters held up his end when he was here.

Try again.

Stats are nice for making points. But you have to have some understanding of how those stats are relevant to the point you're trying to make.

Akron lost under Lee Owens (with Paul as OC) because the Zips could not defend, period. Akron was a blast to watch (and often frustrating to watch) under Lee Owens (with Paul as OC) because they could put up points against virtually anybody. Paul Winters held up his end when he was here.

Try again.

So, when a business fails, it is automatically 100% the fault of the President, no matter what role the VP or anyone else in the organization played in contributing to the failure?

Owens and Winters were the top guys in the leadership of that team. They failed. It's not a fact that can easily just be discarded.

Try again.

So, when a business fails, it is automatically 100% the fault of the President, no matter what role the VP or anyone else in the organization played in contributing to the failure?

Owens and Winters were the top guys in the leadership of that team. They failed. It's not a fact that can easily just be discarded.

It's funny that they got fired after a 7-5 season....today that would be worth a raise and an extension.

Well, neither is the fact that the offenses coordinated by Winters were the most consistently good that Akron's ever had, hands down, since they went Div-I.

And neither is the fact that Winters did not coach defense for teams that were consistently bad on defense.

Winters was the offensive coordinator, not the associate head coach, or anything of the sort. With all due respect, to imply that he was is just inaccurate.

Sorry for the double. Computer locked.

Well, neither is the fact that the offenses coordinated by Winters were the most consistently good that Akron's ever had, hands down, since they went Div-I.

And neither is the fact that Winters did not coach defense for teams that were consistently bad on defense.

Winters was the offensive coordinator, not the associate head coach, or anything of the sort. With all due respect, to imply that he was is just inaccurate.

I know I have to keep asking this, but if this guy was so great in his tenure here, then why did he end up in a D-II job in crappy Detroit?

I know I have to keep asking this, but if this guy was so great in his tenure here, then why did he end up in a D-II job in crappy Detroit?

That's a great question. It obviously has nothing to do with his abilities, as his achievements amply demonstrate.

I think one of Akron's (the whole city, not just UA) problems has always been that we seemingly are so desperate for national affirmations of ourselves because we always assume we suck. The best thing Proenza ever did was come in here and say,"Akron doesn''t suck! In fact, this place is amazingly great, and I feel privileged and honored to be here. We're going to achieve great things." He said it loud, and often, and everywhere he went, and he got people to buy into UA like they hadn't in quite some time.

The kind of guy we got when Proenza came is the kind of coach we need, skip, and that's why I was so gung-ho on PW.