How do you know when your on top?

Zipsrifle

I haven't been able to surf the nation or follow the Zips much of late, but was able to catch the game today and do a little surfing this evening. I was a little suprised to see the sudden change of favor of opposing MAC fans. When we were moving up the national rankings in soccer, many MAC fans were supportive. Even when fought our way into the MAC Championship game in Football, there were fans that were happy to see the change. Now the board we could once converse in peace at is loaded with opposing fans, we're being bashed elsewhere and there is a growing hatred of the Zips throughout the rest of the confrence......So this is what it feels like to be on top! :thumb:

Yeppers!But once we win the MAC Championship, most will support us at The Dance. The ones who don't are just scum.I root for the MAC team in the tourney when it is not Akron.
I remember "rooting" for Can't during their Elite 8 run, and it was just a weird feeling. It was almost like, "Well, hell, I guess I want them to win." Any other MAC school, I'm a lot more enthusiastic about their successes.

An old friend of mine once told he that it doesn't matter whether they are cheering ya or booing ya just so long as they aren't sitting on their hands and doing nothing (this applies not only to the rest of the MAC but also to a lot of our "fans" at the JAR who look like they are at a retirement home during the game). I find it just a little ironic that MAC fans complained complained complained about us being one of the teams that brought the MAC down from a competitive standpoint and how we needed to step it up to make the MAC better. Now that we have they complain complain complain about us beating them.

I haven't been able to surf the nation or follow the Zips much of late, but was able to catch the game today and do a little surfing this evening. I was a little suprised to see the sudden change of favor of opposing MAC fans. When we were moving up the national rankings in soccer, many MAC fans were supportive. Even when fought our way into the MAC Championship game in Football, there were fans that were happy to see the change. Now the board we could once converse in peace at is loaded with opposing fans, we're being bashed elsewhere and there is a growing hatred of the Zips throughout the rest of the confrence......So this is what it feels like to be on top! :thumb:
Yes, Toledo fans are accustomed to it, and it at least brings some added flavor to discussions.

I haven't been able to surf the nation or follow the Zips much of late, but was able to catch the game today and do a little surfing this evening.  I was a little suprised to see the sudden change of favor of opposing MAC fans.  When we were moving up the national rankings in soccer, many MAC fans were supportive.  Even when fought our way into the MAC Championship game in Football, there were fans that were happy to see the change.  Now the board we could once converse in peace at is loaded with opposing fans, we're being bashed elsewhere and there is a growing hatred of the Zips throughout the rest of the confrence......So this is what it feels like to be on top! :thumb:
Yes, Toledo fans are accustomed to it, and it at least brings some added flavor to discussions.
finally i can agree with this guy. even a broken clock is right twice a day