John Chaney - Not Coaching Tonite

zipfan 81

According to Rasor, he will not be coaching tonite? Wife is having surgery. Does it look like he doesn't care about this game? Could help the Zips!
Please re-read your post and re-think your position so I can apologize for calling you stupid. This is among the worst posts I have yet to see. Hope your girlfriend or wife doesn't read ZipNation. :chair::wall::chair: The man has spent 24 years as the head coach and is 74 years old. What does he have to prove to anyone. The team will fight like hell to win this game for him. This is bad news for the zips and worse for him and his wife.I hope all works out for them.

Please re-read your post and re-think your position so I can apologize for calling you stupid. This is among the worst posts I have yet to see. Hope your girlfriend or wife doesn't read ZipNation.   
You have got to be kidding me? Then you must not read alot of posts. I beg to differ with you as does Vandelay Sports.
After Coach Chaney's announcing his resignation on Monday, I would expect Temple will come out and play with heart and passion early. However, I only think that can take them so far. Akron’s depth will wear down Temple, and in the end Akron will pull away.

You have got to be kidding me? Then you must not read alot of posts. I beg to differ with you as does Vandelay Sports.
You are also dense. You miss the point entirely. I'm not saying Akron can't win, I'm calling to question your comment about him not caring about the game. I do read a lot (two words) of posts and yours is still one of the worst I have seen.

Chaney's relationship with the Temple administration had grown increasingly toxic since last year's unfortunate "goon" incident. I'm not sure the school would have allowed him back even if he wanted to coach again next year. His decision to bow out gracefully was a smart one. John Chaney's plaque already hangs in the Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, Mass., where it will forever remind fans of his manifold contributions to this great game. But the memories of his career will also be tainted by the images of his bad behavior. Like the man himself, his mistakes will forever loom large.
No matter what UADavid says, it sounds like some people are not going to miss him. You also said "This Team will fight like Hell to win this game". I'm saying, they might fight like hell, but we win in the end. GO ZIPS! :laugh_up::D

Chaney's relationship with the Temple administration had grown increasingly toxic since last year's unfortunate "goon" incident
The administration doesn't play the game. The team will try desperately to win for their coach. We both hope Akron wins. Your comment about him not caring about this game is still out there and is still stupid.