Fan support lost

bobbyake

Almost everyone in this forum are Zip Fans (that "Gates fellow" is questionable) and one thing should be understood. GO ZIPS!! So what if the guy next to you sits on his hands, and you spend the entire game on your feet cheering. You are both there supporting your team, and after an exceptional play I'll bet both of you are up letting others know about it. The Zips can't compete with Ohio State now and probably never will. So what, root for the Buckeyes on Saturday afternoon and the Zips Satufday night. You probalby can't get a ticket for the horseshoe so get one an go fill the bowl. The point being win lose or draw Akron is your team so support them to the best of your ability all the time .. not just when they win. Everything else is secondary except (ready for it) ....... :screwks::screwks::screwks::screwks::screwks:

i'm not going to go as far as dictate to someone what they should wear, but it does bother me a little when people show up for game wearing other school's gear. i'm not from ohio, and i really don't give a shit about ohio state, but i can't stand it when people from the university of akron say the zips suck and that buckeye sports are the only thing that matters! mind you this is my own personal experience with talking to people around campus, and has nothing to do with what is being said on this board. what pisses me off even more than that is people wearing Can't state stuff around campus. when i came my senior year for my official visit a bunch of people were asking why i'd come from clear across the country to go to school here. i heard a lot of "akron sucks go to Can't" or "i'd wish i was at ohio state." shit! then go to school there! i guess i'm kinda rambling, but my point is that we need more school spirit. if you're a fan of both that's fine, but don't look down on me because i chose this school. i had other offers with "big name" schools, but i found what i liked in akron.

Almost everyone in this forum are Zip Fans (that "Gates fellow" is questionable) and one thing should be understood. GO ZIPS!! So what if the guy next to you sits on his hands, and you spend the entire game on your feet cheering. You are both there supporting your team, and after an exceptional play I'll bet both of you are up letting others know about it. The Zips can't compete with Ohio State now and probably never will. So what, root for the Buckeyes on Saturday afternoon and the Zips Satufday night. You probalby can't get a ticket for the horseshoe so get one an go fill the bowl. The point being win lose or draw Akron is your team so support them to the best of your ability all the time .. not just when they win. Everything else is secondary except (ready for it) ....... :screwks::screwks::screwks::screwks::screwks:
Well said. I am a HUGE Buckeyes fan. Have been my whole life. Circumstances worked out so I wasn't able to go there. So I'm here at Akron. I'm also one of the biggest Zips fans. I didn't miss a home football game, went to both games in Detroit, and have been in the front row of the AK-Rowdies at every game screaming my head off. In no way does being an OSU fan keep me from being a Zips fan at all. Just in case you're reading this Gates :screwks: