new coaching positions?

Mabye we can get his brother to coach. He is the track coach at Hoban and was actually the better runner in high school. I think he would do it.
you're kidding right? the only thing that kept harry from being a state champ in four events was an injury before the state meet his senior season. i've never seeen a better track star in high school than harry..butch, whatever.

also he was a pretty good sprinter
Pretty good? He was the fastest man alive for a long time. He had olympic golds, world records, and he even has his own race named after him. The guy was awesome, and I've had the chance to meet him a couple of times, because he lives in Akron during the off-season. I think if the suckeyes have a "bad" season (4-5 losses), he might leave them and come here. He told me that if Akron can keep improving he wouldn't mind moving here. Of course we would have to leave the MAC and join the Big East or something to get more money, but he said he is interested.

speed coach would be like butch renoylds has with osu... teaches technique and works on speed and mobility drills to make the players faster... nice to see akron has one :screwks:
Rich Miano, former NFL DB with Jets, Philly, Atlanta has been DB coach for June Jones at Hawai'i since 99, and holds "Speed and Agility Clinics"/camps in the summer, which draw HS players from the mainland (and kids as young as 6!) to Hawai'i. The camps attract not just FB players, but soccer, basketball, even baseball and softball players. I think this is a trend that is catching on across the nation -- you can be taught to be faster, more flexible, more agile. It's not just an inbred trait.

our speed coach,lashaunte edwards, is no one to overlook. he ran a 10.23 100m and a 20.34 200m, both of which are school records. he holds 5 other school records. as a track coach he does a great job with our sprinters. he may be no butch reynolds, but very few people are. i'm more than happy having him coaching the sprinters and football team.