Does Akron care enough?

Balki Bartokomous

Well, the students that go to Akron are actually going to college for an education. We have a lot more class than that.
Come on now dude...Akron students were so bad just a few yeas back with burning couches and other things for May Day that the cops stepped in and basically ended the event...that's how bad it was. Now, the students who partied without burning couches and stuff have been pissed the last few years...first, because May Day, once a pretty cool event, is basically gone...second, because they didn't feel it was fair for people to judge Akron students as a whole based on what a few idiots were doing. But I guess any opportunity you have to take a cheap shot at OSU you gotta try and take, even if it's hypocritical, eh?

But I guess any opportunity you have to take a cheap shot at OSU you gotta try and take, eh?
you betcha' :thumb:You defend that school as if you go there.
Ahhh nice. You take a cheap shot at a school, I call you out on that, and you make one of those creative "You must go to OSU" comments. Let's review what's happened...1) Bobbyake takes a shot at Ohio State students for not being classy because they burned some couches. 2) Myself and others pointed out that Akron students burned many couches and other things for May Day, with it reaching a bad enough point that the police eliminated May Day altogether. 3) Bobbyake, who just ripped into OSU for lacking class, suggest moving May Day to "throw off the cops". 4) Representatives from the NHO (National Hypocrite Organization) offer Bobbyake a membership into their fine institution. 5) Bobbyake accepts, but only after a clause is put into the contract that has him receiving a big TV. (OK, #4 and #5 were just predictions) :lol:

May day was never as bad as that article you can read at the top. Those OSU students were running around like monkeys.
It was pretty bad dude...Three things I will say:1) Maybe there weren't as many arrests, but OSU does have far more students. The ratios were probably about the same. 2) Couch burning and other delinquent behavior is bad, regardless of how many students are doing it. 3) I don't think Akron fans lack class at all. I always felt it was unfair to the well-behaved students to be painted with the same brush as the much smaller group of idiots. My entire point is that you shouldn't do the same to OSU students based on what a few idiots did.

3) Bobbyake, who just ripped into OSU for lacking class, suggest moving May Day to "throw off the cops". 4) Representatives from the NHO (National Hypocrite Organization) offer Bobbyake a membership into their fine institution.
I never said we should burn couches or run around like monkeys like they did in OSU on Saturday night. I was simply saying, "we can actually have parties without the roads getting blocked off on the east side of campus."Explain how that makes me a hypocrite in less than one small paragraph :lol:Everytime I say something negative about OSU, you're so quick to comment. It's only fair for me to think you actually took classes there or something.

3) Bobbyake, who just ripped into OSU for lacking class, suggest moving May Day to "throw off the cops". 4) Representatives from the NHO (National Hypocrite Organization) offer Bobbyake a membership into their fine institution.
I never said we should burn couches or run around like monkeys like they did in OSU on Saturday night. I was simply saying, "we can actually have parties without the roads getting blocked off on the east side of campus."Explain how that makes me a hypocrite in less than one small paragraph :lol:Everytime I say something negative about OSU, you're so quick to comment. It's only fair for me to think you actually took classes there or something.
It's pretty simple. Some OSU students burned couches. You said Akron students don't do that because they have class...yet, Akron students have done this.

after hearing stories from my coach (uapd) i think it is safe to say that a couple of the mayday riots were as bad as what osu just did, if not worse. one year people torched a couch and then flipped the fire truck that was responding and torched that. a couple years of riots later, the cops figure things out and arrest anyone and everyone for any infraction possible. they used zip-tie like hand cuffs and hauled people away on city busses. on year they arrested over 200 people. on the other side thought, they found out that the majority of rioting students weren't even akron students, rather they were students from nearby colleges that only wanted to party and riot. i just wonder how many more years are the police going to be so suppressive.

leave it up to sgm405 to give OSU a dripping wet facial everytime someone mentions the possibility that OSU isn't the greatest place in the world.for your information:1) it wasn't a cheap shot at OSU, it was a tongue-in-cheek observation that despite the poor reputation it builds and has built for it's fans, Columbus burns everytime OSU wins a big game, a tune up game, an inner-squad scrimmage. Hell couches burn because its a tuesday. 2) Everyone knows you love OSU. I'm not knocking you for that. I'm a fan of the Wichita State Wheat Shockers. No one says you can only like one school. But DAMN. do you just sit in a bean bag chair naked, reading Zipsnation, waiting for someone to mention OSU so you can spring into action. Claiming everyone hates OSU and are hypocrites. 3) Everyone knows shit used to burn on May Day. Notice it doesn't happen any more. OSU fans still burn shit. As long as they do, stories will be written about it. People will continue to laugh at the stupidity of the fans. 4) Answering everyone's posts, and countering everyone with a long winded post devided into a number list, is gay.

leave it up to sgm405 to give OSU a dripping wet facial everytime someone mentions the possibility that OSU isn't the greatest place in the world.for your information:1) it wasn't a cheap shot at OSU, it was a tongue-in-cheek observation that despite the poor reputation it builds and has built for it's fans, Columbus burns everytime OSU wins a big game, a tune up game, an inner-squad scrimmage. Hell couches burn because its a tuesday. 2) Everyone knows you love OSU. I'm not knocking you for that. I'm a fan of the Wichita State Wheat Shockers. No one says you can only like one school. But DAMN. do you just sit in a bean bag chair naked, reading Zipsnation, waiting for someone to mention OSU so you can spring into action. Claiming everyone hates OSU and are hypocrites. 3) Everyone knows shit used to burn on May Day. Notice it doesn't happen any more. OSU fans still burn shit. As long as they do, stories will be written about it. People will continue to laugh at the stupidity of the fans. 4) Answering everyone's posts, and countering everyone with a long winded post devided into a number list, is gay.
Balki,You want my response in paragraph form? Okay, whatever works for you buddy. First of all, it was a cheap shot. You can claim otherwise, but if it was really sarcasm or a joke, there would've been something to mark it as such (smiley, etc). Second, I am a fan of OSU. It's funny though...you say you don't knock me for that, yet you make a continuous jokes concerning me and OSU throughout your post. Whatever works though. As for me being defensive, you think it might be because a friggin thread was dedicated by some newbie calling me out on my manhood because I liked OSU? Or because a lot of my close friends go to OSU and are great fans? (On a side note, most of them also root for Akron. Many of the calls I received after the game Saturday were from Bucks fans...same with the MAC Title game. Good fans.)But you know what? You've helped me realize something. I'm going to just start ignoring the OSU bashing from now on. I need to get back to talking Zips...that's what I'm here for after all. If someone thinks OSU is a crappy team, or thinks their fans aren't good, or thinks that by taking shots at them will somehow help Akron in any way, so be it. They're not going to change their views, so why bother? So rant on Buckeye-haters...if that's what helps you sleep better at night, then go for it. I'm done with all of that. I'm just going to go on cheering for both, and if anyone has a problem with that, oh well. Have a good night all. GO ZIPS! GO BUCKS! :rock:

Dear sgm, (or shall I say Steve?)I understand you like OSU and enjoy cheering for them, but please understand that this is a Univiersity of Akron fansite. Negative things are going to be said about Akron's competition. A lot of my comments are from you and I going back and forth over this. Understand that I feel strongly that OSU is one of Akron's competitors and that I will treat them as such.If Akron keeps winning and builds a winning tradition, there will be more converts like myself and you'll see an increase in OSU haters.Imagine if someone was defending every negative thing said about Can't. It wouldn't go very well with a lot of people on here. I'm sorry if any negative things said about OSU offends you, I'm sorry if any negative things said about Can't offends KentZip, and I'm sorry if any negative thing about any other school offends that person like the ToledoRocket guy. Toledo is my 2nd favorite school and was the school I picked over Akron to go to but didn't because of the situation i was in, gf and such, but I'm very happy with how things turned out. I'm proud to be a Zip and would rather be a Zip. But you don't see me defending every negative thing said about Toledo, nor will you.Please remember, this is competition and negative things about your competitors will be said. I would rather not fight over who we watch on the big TV (Akron or OSU) with a fellow Zips fan.BobbyAke

Bobby Ake for President....Bobby you put my frustrations into poetic form!! Go Zips!!! Everyone else in Division 1A football :tomato:I don't hate OSU either and i understand Buckzips point about we don't compete for the same recruits as them but as long as we are in the same division in football and play them from time to time they are our competition.