Future Opponents

ZipAlumn

I originally thought Loyola Marymount would be a big problems, especially after I saw they beat Oral Roberts. However I watched them agains New Mexico State last night (hard to believe they won 71-69) and I feel that the Zips should be able to play with them, especially since we will be at home.The Lions have four big men that they play (Grubb 6'9"; Craig 7'0"; Deric 6'9"; and Knight 6'8") but they don't seem to play big, so we should have the same problem we had last year with Nevada. The guards are probably five deep (Knight 6'2"; Martin 6'2"; Miller 6'5"; Ziri 6'2"; and Montgomery 6'1") but are not that fast, too often play out of control, and with the exception of Knight don't seem to be shooters.The game last night was terrible. The officiating left an awful lot to be desired as a lot of ticky-tacky fouls were called (55 overall) that killed the flow of the game. Loyola came back late as they trailed as much as 21 points in the second half. If the Zips play the way they are capable of we should be OK. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Where was that game played --- NMSU vs LMU? I'm assuming it was in LA, as NMSt is #2 in the WAC to Nevada. As I've said -- I watched LMU in the Rainbow Classic last year, and they were just a bunch of big goons with no athleticism at all. The crummy '05 WMU team beat 'em, and outquicked em at all positions. BUT -- their size could still present lots of problems to an Akron team that plays like a bunch of pussies too often. Go Zips Beat Tiffin!!! :P