Women's Game today

Bleacher Bum

i went. it we won by 1. acutally with 5 seconds left we were up by 4, and the buzzer beating 3 went in. still a win is a win. it wasn't pretty all the way through. the zips had over 20 turnovers, which is probably twice as many as lehigh. there was like a 7 min stretch at the beginning of the second half that both teams combined scored like 10 points (yawn). towards the end, niki mccoy found her groove and had 10 or 12 second half points. our free throws were freaking amazing! 20/22 (90%), and that's what really kept us in there, especially down the stretch. the frosh rianna is a beast inside. lehigh has some really good 3-point shooters, and i know #12 was getting really frustrated by lauren stephenson. that girl is nothing but hustle and is really fun to watch. lady zips need to take care of the ball better, and personally i'd like to see them push up the floor more. to me, it seems like they depend on their point guard too much. today they could beat lehigh down the floor so easily, but they'd stop and wait for the point to get the ball. also, we tend to panic when we're pressed. we know the trap is coming, and sometimes we still fall for it, then freeze (and turn over). finally, we need to shoot more. we had too many shots that were thrown up because the shot clock was winding down, and we should never have a turnover because of the shot clock. that's just my opinion. i didn't sit with the rowdies, but they were small and loud. "wooden water boy!" i preferred my seat by the zips bench so i could clearly hear how pissed off kest was with play...lol. overall the ladys are playing much better this year, and i think we're going to surprise a few of teams in the mac.

have more confidence Zips Win come on...they might get those three wins if the ROWDIES come out and support them. Two games in a row we have gotten into the head of the coach and players by yelling at them that they have to have Akron Campus Police to tell us to settle down. That's good! Next game Tomorrow 7 pm be there be loud and be proud.Go ZIPS I HATE Can't BEYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Zips Win.....I have to agree with you. I'm sure the ladies program has a long way to go to even be respected in the MAC, let alone actually win a some games. I do admire that the Rowdies are getting out there though. That says alot for our character as fans.But the sad truth remains.... 99.9% of the people living in Akron just don't care about the U of A women's basketball team. And that won't change a whole heck of a lot, even if they did start to win a few games.Good luck coach Kest. You should be commended for taking on such an incredible challenge.

hey, i say things are going to be better because they actually look like a better team than last year. two of their losses were heartbreakers...one point losses. that being said, i'm not saying that they'll win conference and deserve a ton of respect, i'm saying that they won't be a walk in the park like many teams expect. a few of the teams that come in thinking that will have it bite them in the ass.