New TV Schedule

Bleacher Bum

LinkWHY!?? WHY!?? WHY!!??Six of our seven televised games are at the JAR! The other one? CAN'T!!!! Fifteen Friggin' Minutes Away!How are we supposed to fill the JAR when people can stay at home and watch the games?There's a reason that back in the day Browns games weren't televised if they weren't sold out. Get your a$$e$ in the seats!

LinkWHY!?? WHY!?? WHY!!??Six of our seven televised games are at the JAR! The other one? CAN'T!!!! Fifteen Friggin' Minutes Away!How are we supposed to fill the JAR when people can stay at home and watch the games?There's a reason that back in the day Browns games weren't televised if they weren't sold out. Get your a$$e$ in the seats!
Yeah...not too sure about this. It would've been nice for the early season games to draw interest...dunno about now.

I think ticket prices are cheap enough that TV coverage won't hurt attendance as much as it will help increase awareness in the city. Overall, I'd call it a net gain.My objection is even hardcore fans can't follow the team when only one away game is on TV. Unfortunately, that's probably not UA's control. My guess is FSN, the MAC and the home schools make the calls.

Playing several MAC games on STO makes alot more sense than showing six Akron home games and one on the road. Even in addition to these seven games, it will provide MAC fans a chance to see the other teams before we play them. I guess Sports Time Ohio just couldn't find any room in their schedule around the replays of Classic Indians Games, Suckeyes Talk, and Cleveland All Pro Wrestling. They do have a show on Wednesday nights about CSU basketball that I have not actually seen yet, but the idea is very cool!Also, why does STO always show crap about Notre Dame? There's even a picture of an ND pennant on the banner on the top of their website amid tons of Cleveland gear.

Also, why does STO always show crap about Notre Dame? There's even a picture of an ND pennant on the banner on the top of their website amid tons of Cleveland gear.
:rolleyes: Money! :D As for the new TV deal: SUCKS! A few posts up had it best. Why are we televising the local games? Well, because this is nothing more than the local cable company covering the game. They don't have a budget to travel and never will. Another excellent point is televising the earlier games in the season to draw interest. Plus, you have to have TW cable to see them! if you live outside of the Akron area or are a dish subscriber...ziltch! :rolleyes: I would love to know who approached who? Did TW go to UA or the other way around? I suspect Akron sought out TW, but if TW came looking for content from Akron, whoever is negotiating on our behalf sucks. Doni't agree to a deal just to get some games on TV. If they don't fit the marketing "strategy" then don't do it. They can kiss ticket sales goodbye for the folks on the buble IMO. :rolleyes:

Wow. I don't like that schedule either. I guess it's hard to determine if it really affects attendance, but it sure gives people the "opportunity" to stay home, which certainly doesn't help.I'm not sure if putting our games on a seldom-watched local cable channel is really going to help our visibility a whole heck of a lot. Maybe a few channel-surfers will tune in from time to time. Other than that, the only watchers will be people who are already fans, and want to watch the game.