lady zips in a slump

timmyboy

The lady zips have hit a slump losing 4 games in a row, after reeling off 6 straight wins during the month of December. The lady zips are alot better then their record indicates. i have personally been able to see 4 lady zip games this year and i feel that the talent is there to build a championship caliber team. they have size,speed and good ball skills. They need to spread the floor more and have freshman center Riana Miller post up, this will force other teams to slide inside to help out leaving some of the better outside shooters such as Jessie Crooks, Niki Mccoy and Sarah Tokodi open for the outside shots. In the game today senior Jessie Crooks hit 6 of 9 from 3 point land and ended the day with a career high 26 points and 7 rebounds while sophomore Niki Mccoy had 10 points and 6 rebounds. I have heard that there is a girl who transfered from illinois to akron, but i have not heard anything official yet, so if someone can give me word if this is true or not it would be good. akron is relatively young team and if all the girls stick together for the next 3 years i believe we could be raising a MAC championship banner for the lady zips. :):screwks:

Man, I love the enthusiam that some of you are showing towards the Lady Zips. And believe me, I cheer hard for any team wearing the Blue and Gold. But this program is such a looooooong way from being competitive, even in the MAC, let alone at any other level.We played some really weak teams in the non-conference schedule and got a few wins, which temporarily gave people some optimism. But then we got blown out by 29 and 32 points in our first two conference games...at HOME. Now, we just lost to Buffalo, who was winless in conference play.Just to see us win a handful of conference games would be a real achievement. But getting this program in position to even be somewhat competitive in the MAC is going to take many many years.

if the girls that they have no stay together, IMO they will be one of the best teams in the mac in 3 years. Can't state's team this year has been together for the last 4 years their coach said, an look how they played against akron. h said that they had no sence of teamwork when they all arrived as freshman, they were all out to get their stats. this was what the coach himself told me after the akron game. but he got them working together an look how things turne dout for them, i dont see any reason why the lady zips cant do the same.

I don't know if the Lady Zips can win the MAC with 3-4 years, but I do know that this team is a big improvment over last year's team. I've seen them a couple of times and the defense and offensive coordination is much better. The team is young, the coach is new, and Lady Zips are no longer an embarrasment. Way to go Ladies, good luck with the rest of the season. :bow::bow::thumb::thumb::wave::wave::thumb::thumb::bow::bow: