What do we have to do to win the MAC

Valpo Zip

Last year, we won all our home games... also we won all the MAC west matchups. However, the only MAC east team that we beat away was BG. We ended second in the MAC regular season with a 12-4 record with losses @ miami, @ Can't, @ ohio and @ Buffalo.I am not here to burst anybody's bubble or anything, i am just trying to keep things in perspective... Beating Can't at home is sweet, but we should not over rate that win because first of all :screwks: and second, it was a home win.In order to surpass last year's record we need to win all the games we won last year and more. Keep in mind that we already lost @ ohio, it is tough to play @ miami... and we are playing @ toledo this year.Here are my expectations: we lose @ miami and @ toledo, we win ohio, @ buffalo, @ Can't, and all the other games... we finish 13-3. Will that be enough for us to be :champs: ?

I remember hearong KD say on the radio that going 13-3 and winning out at home should be enough to get us a #1 seed in the MAC tourney. The three losses he was referring to may be at Ohio, at Can't State, and at one game we should win but won't. I obviously would like to win out in the MAC, but that is unrealistic.

I remember hearong KD say on the radio that going 13-3 and winning out at home should be enough to get us a #1 seed in the MAC tourney.  The three losses he was referring to may be at Ohio, at Can't State, and at one game we should win but won't.  I obviously would like to win out in the MAC, but that is unrealistic.
KD did reference the #1 seed in the MAC tournament by winning out at home and splitting on the road. The thing we have to remember is that winning the MAC regular season means nothing if we can't win the MAC tournament...history has shown that it is very difficult for more than one MAC team to make it to March Madness. However, this may be one of those rare years that our record will be strong enough for a bid regardless of the outcome in the tourney. UT and OU are the only other competition in the conference.

I would like to hope that we can get into the NCAA tournament without a MAC title. But, it won't happen this year. Due to our weak non-conference schedule, our S.O.S. is not going to be high enough for us to be able to do that. Remember, once they place all of the conference winners into the NCAA Tournament, they only have something like 30 spots left. And even if we win out, what are the chances that the NCAA Tournament committee will see Akron as one of the top 30 or so teams in the country when they will be looking at the following:1) We only played one ranked school (if Nevada stays ranked)2) We didn't beat any ranked schools.3) We lost to two schools during our non-conrerence slate that had RPI rankings lower than our own.

:nono: a little perspective...please! Can't...nice and Necessary win at home...impressed with the way the ZIPS dropped the hammer late in the game...but...to get to the level they could not last year they have to go on the road and beat a Buffalo,a Miami and a Can't...not to mention somebody from the West...sure would like to have some more points on that bench...like a Bubba...here's hoping they won't miss him...