Marketing Push??

K-Roo

We have the radio on in my office all day... I think I've heard ads for Saturday's game vs Ball State at least 5 to 6 times a day all week... FM stations...We actually trying to put butts in seats??? Cule.Also, can we please re-do the "Fear the Roo!" Jingle???? Get the movie guy voice over guy to say it in an intimidating way... Singing it like they do now just doesn;t cut it...

Also, can we please re-do the "Fear the Roo!" Jingle????  Get the movie guy voice over guy to say it in an intimidating way... Singing it like they do now just doesn;t cut it...
Yeah, it's pretty ghey. I mean, even if you want to have a "family friendly image" and not use some intimidating voice, that doesn't mean you should sound like disney x PBS x basement cable access

From a marketing standpoint, "Fear The Roo" is supposed to be depicting the Kangaroo in a different light, unlike the cartoon character image that it usually possesses.So, your point is correct. They have totally misunderstood the concept. And they've been playing it that way since the beginning of football season, and haven't changed it.If you want to depict Zippy as a cartoon character, fine. But don't associate it with "Fear The Roo".

So, your point is correct. They have totally misunderstood the concept. And they've been playing it that way since the beginning of football season, and haven't changed it
From what I have seen, they have misunderstood everything about marketing. It has been a very humerous week of advertisements in the Beacon Journal. Wednesday they ran the ad for kids get in free for jersey night. Thursday that adjusted the ad with a disclaimer that says if "seats are available" and today they ran the same ad as Wednesday. The humor comes from Thursday. The ad states the start of the Women's game is at 7 PM (on page three). On page six there is short article of the time change for the Women's game to 6:30 PM. Of course the ad in today's paper still has game time for the women at 7 PM.Is anyone else tired of the current adminstrations hiring of individuals who are "cutting their teeth" at our expense? Pick up a Basketball media guide and check out who these people are and what experience they have, it is appalling.

So, your point is correct. They have totally misunderstood the concept. And they've been playing it that way since the beginning of football season, and haven't changed it
From what I have seen, they have misunderstood everything about marketing. It has been a very humerous week of advertisements in the Beacon Journal. Wednesday they ran the ad for kids get in free for jersey night. Thursday that adjusted the ad with a disclaimer that says if "seats are available" and today they ran the same ad as Wednesday. The humor comes from Thursday. The ad states the start of the Women's game is at 7 PM (on page three). On page six there is short article of the time change for the Women's game to 6:30 PM. Of course the ad in today's paper still has game time for the women at 7 PM.Is anyone else tired of the current adminstrations hiring of individuals who are "cutting their teeth" at our expense? Pick up a Basketball media guide and check out who these people are and what experience they have, it is appalling.
And the congregation said "AMEN"! If we are in effect training these people to "cut their teeth" and become professional marketing people, we should hire University of Akron graduates and train them.