Lets end ou stuff and start AP bashing

exexec

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also think the Zips are going to have a hard time defending Drake Reed and Fernandez Lockett down low. Reed can play with anyone in the country (actually, his AAU days saw him play against some of the bigger names in college ball today such as Hansbrough - and did quite well) and the Zips have no one who can outjump Lockett. I also do not think the Zips have a guard who is as quick as DJ Wright.Whoever is your ballhandler then please apprise him that the ball will be stolen from him - it is only a question of how many times DJ Wright is going to pick his pocket. He does it every contest. Limit it to 2 or 3 then you have done well. Some poor guard tried to play some D on Wright the other night but a killer crossover nearly broke the dude's ankles. Dimuniative in stature but very, very quick. That is why he is called "The Blur."
Where to start...Mad dog defense? Where was that? Peay had NO inside defense and NO inside offense.DJ "The Blur" Wright?? 2 points, ZERO steals, and oh yeah, no broken ankles.Our guards were more than quick enough against "The Blur". Dials scored more than your starting guards combined, as did Cedric and he comes off the bench. Hopefully "The Blur" was taking notes when Cedric went smoking by him.Not impressed with Quaid Milam's jumping? I bet the guy who had Quaid's nuts in his face during his dunks was.Stats for you:Shooting % Who REALLY had the mad dog defense?Akron 46%Peay 33%ReboundsAkron 46Peay 303 pointers (where were your boys raining them from the outside?)Akron 7-17 41%Peay 4-21 19%Blocked Shots:Akron 7Peay 3StealsAkron 4Peay 3, NONE by "The Blur"Points:Akron 74Peay 57It could have been a lot worse if Akron would not have gone into slowdown the last 4 minutes and if the OVC refs actually knew how to call a game in the first half. You come here talkin' that smack, you gotta expect to get run after your boys get the hammer dropped on them like that.One thing for sure , I think the Govs learned tonight that this this ain't the OVC.

I also think the Zips are going to have a hard time defending Drake Reed and Fernandez Lockett down low.  Reed can play with anyone in the country (actually, his AAU days saw him play against some of the bigger names in college ball today such as Hansbrough - and did quite well) and the Zips have no one who can outjump Lockett.  I also do not think the Zips have a guard who is as quick as DJ Wright.Whoever is your ballhandler then please apprise him that the ball will be stolen from him - it is only a question of how many times DJ Wright is going to pick his pocket. He does it every contest. Limit it to 2 or 3 then you have done well. Some poor guard tried to play some D on Wright the other night but a killer crossover nearly broke the dude's ankles. Dimuniative in stature but very, very quick. That is why he is called "The Blur."
Where to start...Mad dog defense? Where was that? Peay had NO inside defense and NO inside offense.DJ "The Blur" Wright?? 2 points, ZERO steals, and oh yeah, no broken ankles.Our guards were more than quick enough against "The Blur". Dials scored more than your starting guards combined, as did Cedric and he comes off the bench. Hopefully "The Blur" was taking notes when Cedric went smoking by him.Not impressed with Quaid Milam's jumping? I bet the guy who had Quaid's nuts in his face during his dunks was.Stats for you:Shooting % Who REALLY had the mad dog defense?Akron 46%Peay 33%ReboundsAkron 46Peay 303 pointers (where were your boys raining them from the outside?)Akron 7-17 41%Peay 4-21 19%Blocked Shots:Akron 7Peay 3StealsAkron 4Peay 3, NONE by "The Blur"Points:Akron 74Peay 57It could have been a lot worse if Akron would not have gone into slowdown the last 4 minutes and if the OVC refs actually knew how to call a game in the first half. You come here talkin' that smack, you gotta expect to get run after your boys get the hammer dropped on them like that.One thing for sure , I think the Govs learned tonight that this this ain't the OVC.
Hello Sunshine, I think children should speak respectively to their elders so let's talk again when you become a Junior Zippy like I am, Little Joey. Little Joeys do not qualify as Akron fans in my book but I will address one of your many ascerbic statements. Little Joey said, "One thing for sure , I think the Govs learned tonight that this this ain't the OVC." I think the Govs learned today that AKRON, which happens to be in the MAC, is a better team. Akron beats MAC teams the same way, Little Joey. The MAC is, in my opinion, a better conference than the OVC this year and most anyone in the OVC would say that the OVC is down this year mainly because the vast majority of teams are so young. The OVC's rankings generally fluctuate between 16th and 26th. To draw a conclusion that because Akron proved superior over Austin Peay in today's contest at the JAR entails that, therefore, Austin Peay would be out of their League in the MAC is, at best, a leap of logic. Now you go back to your little potty, Little Joey.

Hello Sunshine, I think children should speak respectively to their elders so let's talk again when you become a Junior Zippy like I am, Little Joey. Little Joeys do not qualify as Akron fans in my book but I will address one of your many ascerbic statements. Little Joey said, "One thing for sure , I think the Govs learned tonight that this this ain't the OVC." I think the Govs learned today that AKRON, which happens to be in the MAC, is a better team. Akron beats MAC teams the same way, Little Joey. The MAC is, in my opinion, a better conference than the OVC this year and most anyone in the OVC would say that the OVC is down this year mainly because the vast majority of teams are so young. The OVC's rankings generally fluctuate between 16th and 26th. To draw a conclusion that because Akron proved superior over Austin Peay in today's contest at the JAR entails that, therefore, Austin Peay would be out of their League in the MAC is, at best, a leap of logic. Now you go back to your little potty, Little Joey.
:rolltide:

I also think the Zips are going to have a hard time defending Drake Reed and Fernandez Lockett down low.  Reed can play with anyone in the country (actually, his AAU days saw him play against some of the bigger names in college ball today such as Hansbrough - and did quite well) and the Zips have no one who can outjump Lockett.  I also do not think the Zips have a guard who is as quick as DJ Wright.Whoever is your ballhandler then please apprise him that the ball will be stolen from him - it is only a question of how many times DJ Wright is going to pick his pocket. He does it every contest. Limit it to 2 or 3 then you have done well. Some poor guard tried to play some D on Wright the other night but a killer crossover nearly broke the dude's ankles. Dimuniative in stature but very, very quick. That is why he is called "The Blur."
Your quick jump to personnal insults now shows your true character. Did I personnally insult you? I think not....I merely ponted out that all the smack you were running was, well, pretty much wrong. Sounds like you're pretty well pissed off about that. Especially since you drove 90 minutes to a bar in Clarksville to watch your team not be able to back any of it up. If you're gonna talk like you were, you gotta be able to take some acidic remarks back when your boys don't come thru. Even the way you tried to run your take, being all nice and such like "I just don't see it..." and "Akron has a good team and the only game I want them to loose is against Peay" and then qualifying things like "IF Peay is....." or "If Akron.... and "but....." Well buddy boy, the saying goes if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, every day would be like Christmas. For all the crap that OU fans, Toledo Fans, and Can't fans run, I can take that junk. But stuff like yours, being PATRONIZING and leaving your self an alley to back out by using "if this and if that's" doesn't play in my book. Either bring it hard or stay home. Sure, I don't have a lot of posts here (I've been watching Akron ball for 20 years though), but I just had to jump on a guy like you with all your patronizing nice-ness that you were really trying to use to cover up your smugness. Witness your quick jump to personnal insults as evidence of your true self. Check the personnal stuff at the door. The stats show that you were wrong and I pointed that out. Doesn't give you the right to tell someone to go back to their potty. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Anyway, now since you freely admit that the OVC is down, why then come here and make all these claims and pound your chest about winning 15 of your last 16 and having players named 'The Blur' and 'The Rocket' and your boys having 'Mad Dog Defense'? Sure, Peay is the cream of the OVC, but you NOW freely admit the conference is down. So 15 of the last 16 in a DOWN OVC by your own words means your boys can roll into Akron and match them up? Vegas odds had Akron as a 15.5 favorite man! You don't roll over to anothers teams site and start laying out that kinda crap when your team is a 15.5 point dog. :nono: I know I wouldn't do it. Then you get all pissy when your comments are refuted. You KNEW the OVC was down, although you just now admit it, but were treating Akron like any other OVC team the Peay could roll up on. 1-7 out of conference says a lot.Bottom line is, your team got rolled and you're not happy about it. Save your 'blur' and 'mad dog' and 'rocket' smack for when you are closer than a 15.5 point dog. I leave you with the words of your coach:``Generally, Akron was too big and too strong,'' said Governors coach Dave Loos, whose team has clinched the Ohio Valley Conference title. ``They had their way in there. They were good inside.''