lets stop the AP stuff and start ....

timmyboy

Its now time to start bashing the redhawks of oxford. What does everyone feel will be the outcome of the game? I am saying that if akron can establish the inside like they did today against AP, they will be very hard to beat. Im guessing the score will be...akron 72 redhawks 60lets hear everyone else prediction on this one.....and as always... :screwks:

I won't make a prediction on this one, but I will say this: Miami is much improved since the last time we played. So are the Zips, though. Miami's style negates home-court advantage and i think the Zips are the better team. A win there will pretty much gaurantee us a first round bye in the MAC tournament.

Yes, we need to win this one to guarantee that first round bye. But, I'd still like to get that #1 seed, even though that will probably take a road win at both Miami and Can't to have a chance at that, which is a pretty tall task.Actually, I think that we're far better than any team in the MAC right now on a neurtral court (aka Quicken Loan Arena), except maybe Can't. And Can't can get alot of people there, just like us, so that's a team I'd rather not play until the championship. So anyway....I'm just hoping we get seeded so that we don't play Can't until the championship. We should be able to easily beat everyone else in the league in the earlier rounds on a neutral floor.

The thing about Miami is that they have an innate ability to keep close, besides Can't as of late, with any team they play...no matter talent level. Zips are clearly the better team on paper and on the hardwood but Miami is always tough at their house. It will be another defensive struggle in route to a low scoring affair. Close one all the way to the end...Akron: 58Miami: 56

Yes, we need to win this one to guarantee that first round bye.  But, I'd still like to get that #1 seed, even though that will probably take a road win at both Miami and Can't to have a chance at that, which is a pretty tall task.Actually, I think that we're far better than any team in the MAC right now on a neurtral court (aka Quicken Loan Arena), except maybe Can't.  And Can't can get alot of people there, just like us, so that's a team I'd rather not play until the championship. So anyway....I'm just hoping we get seeded so that we don't play Can't until the championship.  We should be able to easily beat everyone else in the league in the earlier rounds on a neutral floor.
Right now it seems we are on a collision course with Can't for the semi's. If Toledo does not start losing some games, they will get the 1 seed with Can't and Akron in the the next two seeds. This would mean an Akron/Can't matchup in the semis. Scary...I would almost rather see Can't in the 1 seed so we would not have to see them until the finals.In the meantime, we must win at Miami to get that quality road win under our cap. Winning a game like this would only boost our confidence and would definitely get me to truly believing we can do it.