What's next....

Big Zip

Great win by the Zips tonight. Now comes the real tough part of the schedule. A few things struck me as I was looking through the media guide tonight. This is Akron's 15th season of basketball in the MAC -- how nice would it be to cap off the season with a MAC Championship win and trip to the tournament. In 14 years in the MAC Akron is 2-12 at both Miami and at Can't and only one year have we beat both teams on the road 1997-98. A win at both schools on the road would really impress me! Akron has played at Can't for 16 consecutive years and is 2-14 at Can't over that time. Not an easy place for us to play. I also noticed after tonights game Dru Joyce (the former walk-on) has 471 career assists -- 5 assists shy of breaking Eric Mclaughlin's Akron record. Sure would be nice to show Dru some love for this record -- especially if it happens in the BG game. One other item to note -- tonight's win brings the Zips six games shy of last year's all-time win record of 26. Can the Zips run the table? Can the go 8-0 from here out? I'll be surprised if they do it -- I'm guessing one loss during the season and Akron's first MAC Championship at the Q. :cheers:

Here are my observations about the rest of the season.Next Saturday should be a walk in the park when we host BG. It is the last home game for Dru and Romeo. I hope the fans will be up to it and show up in big numbers to show those 2 guys the love they deserve. BG will also be the last game for me sitting in the Rowdies seats. :( (I am planning to graduate in Summer).Other than that, @ Buffalo is a game that we should win, while @miami and @Can't are tough ones.Can't still have @ ohio and unless a miracle happens, they should loose this one.This means that even if we loose at Can't and at Miami, we will be tied for first in the MAC east. I still hope we can win out though.All that being said, it all lies in the Q. The Mac tournament is what decides what we do in the post season.

Wow bigzip, that really puts into perspective what type of task we are looking at here. In all reality we probably won't run the table... and that's okay! Of course stranger things have happened and there is always a first for everything so who knows. I like our chances right now coming off a big televised, nonconference win going into Miami. I think fatigue and/or mental errors might cost us with one of these games left... honestly it could be Buffalo, Canada. That team is good at home and their student section always brings it to the opponent. One step at a time though is probably the best way to look at this thing and maybe, just maybe we will be :champs: And as always, :screwks:

One other item to note -- tonight's win brings the Zips six games shy of last year's all-time win record of 26.
We only won 23 games last year although it was the all-time Division I win record for the Zips.I project a win at Miami, a win against BGSU, a win against Buffalo, and a loss at Can't State. (Actually I can't decide if we will lose at Can't or at Miami, but I think as well as Can't is playing it will probably be at Can't.)Also I project a loss against Duquesne. That will bring us to 23-7 so all we would need is a first round tournament victory to exceed our Div 1 all time win record.