USA Today Predictions

JP Morgan

I know. It's unfortunate. But its the nature of the beast.Look at the SEC teams that they say are OUT. Arkansas, Mississippi, and Georgia. They all have decent records, and all play very tough schedules. Also, each of them has 3 wins over teams in the top-50.If by chance, it came down to us and one of these three schools for one of the last remaining at-large bids, who do you think they would pick?It comes back to one thing. We have to schedule better teams in the non-conference part of our schedule, and we have to post a win or two against those teams. Otherwise, we darn near have to go undefeated to get an at-large.Let's keep hoping....the MAC has not gotten an at-large in 8 years. Hopefully, somehow, this will be the year.

Does anyone know if we have any OOC teams scheduled for next year yet? Hopefully we will have higher ranked teams for next year. We can't keep playing the Tiffin's and St Francis' of the world anymore! :champs:
The only one I know for sure is the game at Austin Peay. They are a good team, and we can beat them on the road, which means more than winning at home. Remember, they have no seniors on the team this year, so they can only get better.Also, I think we will play in a tournament to start off the season, like we did this year. Of course this year's tournament outing didn't go so well. Hopefully next year we can advance beyond the first round.

Does anyone know if we have any OOC teams scheduled for next year yet? Hopefully we will have higher ranked teams for next year. We can't keep playing the Tiffin's and St Francis' of the world anymore! :champs:
AMEN! I'll pass on a cupcake home game for a tougher one on the road (and put the money towards my MAC tournament tickets). Yeah, we get the auto-bid if we win the MAC tournament and that should ALWAYS be the goal but that tournament is somewhat of a crap-shoot with 3 or 4 games in as many days. We need to position ourselves for an at-large possibility as well. This 200+ strength of schedule stuff won't do it. I realize putting together a quality, somewhat-balanced home/away schedule isn't as easy as snapping our fingers (especially when NOBODY wants to play us at the JAR) but it sure seems to me we can do better than St. Francis, Binghamton, and St. Francis (PA or NY). Peeves me off that the silver-spoon, flush-with-cash "big" boys won't leave their house for anything less than a 2-for-1 deal. I suppose I'd be reluctant to leave home too - why leave home to get your ass kicked and a lower pay-day when you can stay at home for the bigger pay-day and not get your ass kicked quite as often. OK, I'm done with my mid-major venting for the day and I'll take comfort in the fact that :screwks: and OU is swirling down the :john: .

The only one I know for sure is the game at Austin Peay.
Did Binghamton (RPI 268-ish) :nutkick: and grant us a return date at the JAR next year? :cry: Did we commit to a game AT Winston-Salem (RPI 304-ish; they had all of 5 home games this year ... South Florida and four nobodys)? :wall: Are we headed TO St. Francis PA (RPI 330-ish)? :nono: Playing these three OOC lovelies again won't do much for our SOS ... :puke:

One of the assistant coaches tells me that Dambrot is reluctant to schedule the high-level teams because all they will do is give us one game at THEIR place, and not give us one here in exchange. So, his philosophy is to TRY to schedule the mid-majors who will give us a home-and-home. Apparently, we did not get enough of them this year to do us any good.Blue and Gold is right. We need to go after the Creighton's, Butler's, and Old Dominion's. The teams that will help us if we beat them.If not, as I've said, we're once again stuck playing the Binghamton's, and darn near have to go undefeated to get an at-large.I agree with everyone here....let's just WIN THE MAC TOURNAMENT this year, and we don't have to worry about it.

KD has told me, and thr listening radio audoience that if a team won't play hjome & home he ain't gonna play 'em. I agree with him. Now all you complainers out there, after the season YOU get on the horn and put together a schedule for him-- remember home & home no prostituting the program (like the MAC does with Kentucky (soccer) and Temple (football). Rots o' ruck, Charlie,

KD has told me, and thr listening radio audoience that if a team won't play hjome & home he ain't gonna play 'em. I agree with him. Now all you complainers out there, after the season YOU get on the horn and put together a schedule for him-- remember home & home no prostituting the program (like the MAC does with Kentucky (soccer) and Temple (football). Rots o' ruck, Charlie,
I can understand KD wanting to schedule Home and Home. What I don't understand is why other good mid majors don't want to schedule us. They need to schedule good teams to get decent RPI and Strength of Schedule numbers. Every team out there can't just be scheduling home games. What am I missing? Can someone please enlighten me. :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure: