SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!

Zips4life

Can someone PLEASE provide us with a LINK to the NIT bracket, or the teams selected?  I can't find anything on espn.com or cbssportsline.Are we certain we were not selected??  It just boggles the mind of a true basketball fan.  I hope Keith Dambrot didn't turn down the NIT.  It will reflect poorly the rest of his career if he did. :cry:
Nothing yet on the NIT's own web site. What kind of operation is it that can't update their important web site in a timely manner?
its there...http://www.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_cho...df/2007-Bracket

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know KD said it last night that this is a one bid conference, but I also know he didn't mean the NIT. If this is what happens when you schedule like we did -- I've said it before and I'll say it again schedule the toughest schedule in the country and lose all your games what the fuck does it matter if the MAC Tournament and regular season champions are the only ones going dancing. A schedule like ours is completely and utterly pointless. I know KD said last night that the big boys wouldn't play us, but my guess is they wouldn't play us 2 for 1 or home and home -- at their place they'll place -- just schedule the fucking games. NO MORE TIFFINS and MOUNT UNIONS and CAPITALS.
A-M-E-N!!!!! Tiffin, Binghamton, St. Francis (PA), Winston-Salem. Losing to UALR (sub-500) and get Gardner-Webb instead of Texas Tech if we had won.

Here is contact info for the NITNATIONAL INVITATION TOURNAMENT60 East 42nd Street, Suite 660New York, NY 10165-0015Phone: (212) 425-6510Fax: (212) 785-0594Here is the selection committee:NIT Selection Committee Rudy DavalosDon DeVoeGene KeadyReggie MintonC.M. Newton (Chair)John J. PowersDean SmithCarroll Williams This group has lost all respect from me. Absolutely deplorable!

Can someone PLEASE provide us with a LINK to the NIT bracket, or the teams selected?  I can't find anything on espn.com or cbssportsline.Are we certain we were not selected??  It just boggles the mind of a true basketball fan.  I hope Keith Dambrot didn't turn down the NIT.  It will reflect poorly the rest of his career if he did. :cry:
Nothing yet on the NIT's own web site. What kind of operation is it that can't update their important web site in a timely manner?
its there...http://www.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_cho...df/2007-Bracket
Finally updated, thank goodness! I tried to pull it down after they showed them on TV and got a blank bracket with no schools, and reloaded it from time to time to be sure. They must have waited, which is silly. Post it as soon as it's announced on TV! (groan)

Note that the NIT Selection committee members are all linked to the so-called "power conferences." The old farts took care of their BCS brethren - what a farce. Akron must have made a mistake by beating Temple on the road last year...The committee didn't want something like that to happen again.Rudy DavalosDon DeVoeGene KeadyReggie MintonC.M. Newton (Chair)John J. PowersDean SmithCarroll Williams

I posted under another topic, but since this thread is packed full of people, I'd figure it would get read here. Dambrot is supposed to be on Sports Sunday on WEWS Channel 5 tonight at 11:30. I don't know if they meant just sound from the press conference or if he's gonna be in studio, but if this is live, shit could hit the fan after this snub!

Still on the "Did we turn it down?" thing ... * Has KD/UA protested to the MAC with a sliver of hope something could change before Friday? (my wife's thought)* Is KD/UA sending the MAC a message (giving them the finger) for the way they handled the review of the end of the game last night? KD was surprised/disappointed that it was left up to the three officials to review and determine how that was handled.* Was KD/UA expecting a home game given the number of wins and drew a terrible road assignment? Is there added expense that isn't covered somehow that we don't want to pick up?Just food for thought ... :puke:

Still on the "Did we turn it down?" thing ... * Has KD/UA protested to the MAC with a sliver of hope something could change before Friday? (my wife's thought)* Is KD/UA sending the MAC a message (giving them the finger) for the way they handled the review of the end of the game last night? KD was surprised/disappointed that it was left up to the three officials to review and determine how that was handled.* Was KD/UA expecting a home game given the number of wins and drew a terrible road assignment? Is there added expense that isn't covered somehow that we don't want to pick up?Just food for thought ... :puke:
Most likely scenario in the whole turn it down thing if you ask me......The JAR is booked for OHSAA games. If that's the case, Mack Rhoades will have had one short stint as AD in Akron.

* Has KD/UA protested to the MAC with a sliver of hope something could change before Friday? (my wife's thought)* Is KD/UA sending the MAC a message (giving them the finger) for the way they handled the review of the end of the game last night? KD was surprised/disappointed that it was left up to the three officials to review and determine how that was handled.* Was KD/UA expecting a home game given the number of wins and drew a terrible road assignment? Is there added expense that isn't covered somehow that we don't want to pick up?
1) The NCAA selected their is no sliver of hope2) No way KD turned down the bid because of the MAC Championship game. It sucked but would not cause KD to do that.3) It was not because of the road or expenses. The NCAA picks up the tab for NCAA events(NIT is now owned by the NCAA).The simple truth is we were not selected. It sucks and their no logical reason why weren't selected. That selection committe for the NIT should be replaced.

Still on the "Did we turn it down?" thing ... * Has KD/UA protested to the MAC with a sliver of hope something could change before Friday? (my wife's thought)* Is KD/UA sending the MAC a message (giving them the finger) for the way they handled the review of the end of the game last night?  KD was surprised/disappointed that it was left up to the three officials to review and determine how that was handled.* Was KD/UA expecting a home game given the number of wins and drew a terrible road assignment?  Is there added expense that isn't covered somehow that we don't want to pick up?Just food for thought ... :puke:
Most likely scenario in the whole turn it down thing if you ask me......The JAR is booked for OHSAA games. If that's the case, Mack Rhoades will have had one short stint as AD in Akron.
OHSAA games should NEVER EVER EVER take precidence over the Universities own athletic teams.

Scheduling top tier teams and losing doesn't do you any good ... look at Can't and Ohio. Scheduling bottom feeders and winning doesn't seem like the answer either. It is mind boggling that we didn't make the NIT. I know that life is unfair but does it have to continually kick you in the nuts. When are we going to get our kiss .......:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

No matter how bad the MAC F'd us last night or the cost associated. I can't believe KD, MAC, or Proenza would ever turn down an opportunity for post-season play that this group of young men have earned to prove a point.Actually I think it would be the opposite and we take every opportunity to prove the MAC and NCAA wrong and get the Akron name and successes out there.

A couple thoughts;I can't for one second understand what happened tonight. The thought that we turned it down only makes sense because there's no way in hell that we should not have been selected for either tournament. I have been a college basketball fan for quite some time. I've followed big schools and D3 schools. I can honestly say I've NEVER seen a snub like this in my life. This has literally never happened. No Division one team with more than 25 wins has EVER missed post season play. EVER!!! That's not speculation that's fact. So I don't care what explanation there is both committees owe a HUGE apology to Coach Dambrot and Dru and Rome. Adding to the whole Dambrot leaving thing; I have never seen Dambrot as upset as he was after the game last night. He was also on channel five news 10 min. before the NCAA selection show and was still fuming. If I were him I'd get as far from Akron, and the MAC, as possible.

It's a shame to the kids that worked hard all year if they were not invited to the NIT. I don't understand turning down a bid to the NIT unless the players came together and decided not to participate.KD said that he doesn't want to play the big schools on the road without them coming to the JAR. He needs to realize that pulling off a home and home with the power conference schools is a LONG SHOT. The Zips need to drastically change their OOC schedule next season. If any MAC fans are happy about this, they need to think again. This could be their team being left out altogether next season.Hopefully more will come to light about Akron not being involved in ANY postseason basketball.