Dambrot

How long is KD going to stick around after getting screwed jsut about every year. getting no help from his OWN people.i know if i were in his position i'd be outta this hellhole by now.UA better watch it. they are taking it for granted that he WANTS to be here and is not giving him the respect he needs. we totally got screwed out of the NCAA and the NIT.how can a team have 26 wins and NOT MAKE THE NIT?!?!?!i hate the MAC.

How long is KD going to stick around after getting screwed jsut about every year. getting no help from his OWN people.i know if i were in his position i'd be outta this hellhole by now.UA better watch it. they are taking it for granted that he WANTS to be here and is not giving him the respect he needs. we totally got screwed out of the NCAA and the NIT.how can a team have 26 wins and NOT MAKE THE NIT?!?!?!i hate the MAC.
YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT ...... AND IF ANYONE THINKS THAT OTHER SCHOOLS WONT BE COMING AFTER KD... YOUR DEAD WRONG. HE IS A GUY WHO TOOK A SUB 500 TEAM AND TURNED THEM INTO A TEAM THAT HAS 26 WINS AND ONLY 7 LOSSES..... AND OVERALL HE DID THIS IN ONLY 3 SEASONS. AKRON BETTER GET THEIR HEADS OUT OF THEIR BACKSIDES OR WE WILL BE STUCK LOOKING FOR A NEW COACH

Dambrot can say whatever he wants. I'm behind him. He better stick it to them.
I agree, I'd love to hear Dambrot just completely blast the conference and the selection committees. He can be as politically incorrect as he wants to be, hell I'd even like to see him drop a few F bombs. I'd be 100% in his corner.

just one more thought:the UA athletic department is paying our bigtime homegrown coach peanuts because they think he wants to be here enough, so why invest any money in dambrot and his program. But without their help and support, this program cant grow to its full potential. Dambrot could get a good job somewhere else where the school is willing to treat him the way he deserves in a conference that will also support him.

Next year Dambrot will still be coaching basketball for a team that wears blue and gold.Ooops ... that's maize and blue. Tommy Amaker is history. UM fans already knowabout KD. He is a frequent topic on Detroit sports talk shows. I work in Detroit.Try tuning in 1130, 1270 or a host of smaller stations. I hear them every day. I love KD and sure as heck want him here in Akron. Alas, no one can fault him onleaving. and, its not Mack Rhoades fault. Its the system.

One thing is for certain, and some of us have known this for years.....BOTH tournament committees put more stock in schedule strength, than wins and losses. So, I guess all you have to do is PLAY good teams, you do not have to win.So, I'd advise Coach D. to change his philosophy on scheduling, and start scheduling the toughest non-conference opponents that he can...even if they are road games, and we have no chance of winning.If we can't beat them...we might as well join them.It's our only choice.

One thing is for certain, and some of us have known this for years.....BOTH tournament committees put more stock in schedule strength, than wins and losses. So, I guess all you have to do is PLAY good teams, you do not have to win.So, I'd advise Coach D. to change his philosophy on scheduling, and start scheduling the toughest non-conference opponents that he can...even if they are road games, and we have no chance of winning.If we can't beat them...we might as well join them.It's our only choice.
I hate to sound overly grumpy right now (honestly who can blame me, we all are), but don't kid yourself. The selection committees might try to hide behind all these meaningless drivle about strength of schedule and RPI and wins vs. top 50 RPI and road records and blah blah blah yada yada yada. Bottom line is what they care about is getting the big boys who are making the NCAA the big money into the big tournaments and the big bowl games and so on and so on. All this talk about RPI and SOS and all that other stuff is just meaningless bullcrap. The NCAA knows who their cash cows are, the selection committees know it to.

I agree -- they'd then get to say they were 2-10 against top 20 teams this year. This team has sure got guts -- they went on the road for a month and half and weren't afraid to take on anyone. They knocked of "fill in the blank" and "fill in the blank" they deserve to get in.

But wasn't our Sagarin and RPI better than that of some teams who got into the NIT? If the NCAA is going to act this way in March, maybe they should FORCE some of these "power" programs to play "mid-majors" on the road once in a while. Like that's going to happen......So if we go play these powerhouses at their places and lose, the powerhouses fatten up their records and we hurt our own. Then, knowing how they like smoky rooms, the selection committees will probably value W-L records and tell us that we didn't win enough games.

Bottom line is what they care about is getting the big boys who are making the NCAA the big money into the big tournaments and the big bowl games and so on and so on. All this talk about RPI and SOS and all that other stuff is just meaningless bullcrap. The NCAA knows who their cash cows are, the selection committees know it to.
Is something like this legal under antitrust laws? How can the NCAA, as the operator of both tournaments, be allowed to manipulate both tournaments so as to maximize their revenue? Are they completely exempt from this, with no recourse?

Is something like this legal under antitrust laws? How can the NCAA, as the operator of both tournaments, be allowed to manipulate both tournaments so as to maximize their revenue? Are they completely exempt from this, with no recourse?
If I am not mistaken the NCAA is a non-profit organization so they can do what they want. However the BCS system in football was so biased to the big boys that congress threatened to take away the non-profit status of the organization and the NCAA added another BCS bowl to keep this from happening. The problem with basketball is so many teams get in they can always say the mid-majors have the same chances as the money conferences when we know this isn't true.

Bad idea to have the Gov't get involved in anything. I will gladly accept that feeling of getting kicked in the balls by a mule the past two nights if it keeps the Gov't out of college athletics.
I agree with you there. If you think the system is biased now, just let the government get involved!

Wasn't the government (specifically President T. Roosevelt) behind the creation of the NCAA's predecessor, the IAAUS? ;)Seriously, there has to be something done to increase the transparency of the process. Right now it's apparent that the selection committees can basically pick whoever they want to maximize the $$$$ and lead people to believe it was about the play on the court when it was really about the $$$$. With that much money involved, maybe the nonprofit status needs to be reconsidered or something.

One thing is for certain, and some of us have known this for years.....BOTH tournament committees put more stock in schedule strength, than wins and losses.  So, I guess all you have to do is PLAY good teams, you do not have to win.So, I'd advise Coach D. to change his philosophy on scheduling, and start scheduling the toughest non-conference opponents that he can...even if they are road games, and we have no chance of winning.If we can't beat them...we might as well join them.It's our only choice.
But wasn't our Sagarin and RPI better than that of some teams who got into the NIT? If the NCAA is going to act this way in March, maybe they should FORCE some of these "power" programs to play "mid-majors" on the road once in a while. Like that's going to happen......So if we go play these powerhouses at their places and lose, the powerhouses fatten up their records and we hurt our own. Then, knowing how they like smoky rooms, the selection committees will probably value W-L records and tell us that we didn't win enough games.
Personally I think what really did us in was not our RPI or our SOS, but our SC (seating capacity) at the JAR. I think it was all about money and how much the participating schools could contribute. :rolltide::rolltide::rolltide::rolltide::rolltide:

KD has done an amazing job. Now for some steps to try as hard as possible to keep him here.1.Time for a BIG press conference by the MAC (not so much UA's decision but something that needs to be done)2. A BIG BONUS for KD. I know he is getting paid, but the man needs some compensation for this wonderful/hellacious weekend.3. Pray.

2. A BIG BONUS for KD. I know he is getting paid, but the man needs some compensation for this wonderful/hellacious weekend.
I guarantee this won't happen. UA is too smart. They have KD by the behind. KD's biggest mistake is letting our community know that this is his dream job and that his long-term goal is to stay in Akron. Why in the world would they pay him more money when they can get him for cheap???