Patriot Bowl Tailgate Party

Big Zip

Would love to see a nation gathering for the Patriot Bowl. At the Zips games there is only one place to park and it makes the decision easier, but in Cleveland the choices multiply.I've spent a good deal of time tailgating in the Pit (just south of the tracks and west of West 3rd), but my crew recently left the Pit for the top level of the Parking Deck behind the Courthouse. The location should provide an excellent view of Air Show, is a short walk into the stadium and (the big plus for those of you bringing spouses and or girlfriends) flush toilets with sinks. If you haven't been downtown for awhile -- it's a mess. I'd recommend how ever you come in make sure you're careful not to leave to late -- even a small amount of people in Cleveland causes chaotic traffic. The lot is located essentially at the corner of West 3rd and off Lakeside. If you get off at East 9th Street take it North to Superior and turn left. The turn right on West Third (just through Public Square). Take this down to Lakeside and turn right and then an immediate left into the roof top parking. Don't go below. The corner of West 3rd and Lakeside is where the Jesse Owens memorial.I suspecting the muni-lot will be full with Air Show parking, but can almost guarantee this lot will be available for us to take over. Who wants to suggest a time -- would love to see everyone down there.

Since the game starts at 7:00, I will probably try to get down there between 3:00 and 4:00. Will you have a recognizable marker so the nation knows where to go? What time does the airshow begin? I seem to remember in the past that those things started around 11:00 or 12:00. If so, I may try to get there much earlier. Thanks for the post!

I know the gates open at 9am for the air show. All I care about is watching the Thunderbirds. They usually perform around 2:30-30pm. My cousin was actually a Thunderbird officer the last 3 years, so this will be the first time I watch them without him being a team member. He is still getting me center show VIP tickets though. Nice to know people!!I will probably leave the air show after they perform and drink quite a few beers at Great Lakes while watching some football games on tv before I head to Cleveland Browns Stadium. May have to at least tailgate for an hour though.