Vote early for Zippy

flipthezip

I e-mailed Bill Wills at WTAM at 5:45AM this morning and just sent a similar e-mail to Matt and Angela over at WKDD. Zippy was behind by about 50 votes when I sent the first e-mail and I'm just wondering if Bill gave Zippy a mention on his 5000-watt microphone. Zippy is now UP by about 170 votes but all of us need to make sure we cast our votes for Zippy before 9AM!!! Keep it up folks and let's finish strong to go 2-0 and most likely continue to hold on to the overall lead in total votes as well! :rock:

Zippy's lead is now up to 228! :thumb: Keep it up folks!I just sent another e-mail to Scott and Shannon over at WQMX 94.1 here in Akron. I don't think I'm going to e-mail the crew (including Steve French) over at WNIR ... they're based on the dark side (Can't) and I'm afraid it might stir up votes AGAINST Zippy. 1h45m to go ... Let's Go Zips! Let's Go Zippy!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Looking good at 8AM with Zippy up by 336 ... and :screwks: .It's effectively 3rd-down, 1 frickin' yard to go, 1m54s on the clock and the other team is out of timeouts. Let's get the 1st down this time, put a knee down a few times, and head to round 3 comfortably. Keep voting so we don't have to go through what we did on Saturday to get the win!

Way To Go Zips fans....this round was big. We're now in the #1 overall spot, and look like we'll cruise to a playoff spot if we just keep coming back every week, and doing what we are doing.Remember, our opponent each week is not the fans of the mascot we are going up against. It's the other people who keep voting against us so that we lose.Great Effort!!

Leading by 449 at 8:17AM ...
leading by 505 at 8:27am 36120 | 36625 we almost lost this one. whewas said before, I think our biggest crutch in the head-to-head matchups could be the fact that zippy is leading the overall standings, which means that when people who are voting outside of their own mascot's head-to-head will be more likely to vote against zippy.It might have been more advantageous to eek out a victory in the first round without such a high overall score, because now zippy is king of the mountain and everyone will be gunning for her. It could be tough to maintain. Such are the woes of winners :rock:

It's 8:30AM and Zippy's lead has grown to 551."CJ FAKES the handoff to the left, rolls right on a naked bootleg, and easily knifes forward for the 1st down on 3rd-and-one."Way to go everyone! A handful of knees at this point and I think "... the Zips are gonna get outta here with a win!"

An e-mail from Shannon Alexander over at WQMX ..."We did mention it a couple of times and I made our website of the day!! I hope that helps!!Shannon Alexander94.9 WQMX"Thank you Shannon and WQMX!Final vote total for Round 2: Zippy 37072 Hokiebird 36376. Zippy wins going away by 696.Time to squeeze some orange juice as Zippy takes on Otta the big orange blob from Syracuse.