Congratulations

CrazyZip

All I am saying is that you can schedule 8 teams ranked 1-8. You lose those games, and still win the rest (going off last season's 26-7, then you are still a 20+ win team). You fail to win the MAC Tournament. You know where you are?You are still missing the dance, because you play in the MAC and that's a 1 ticket conference. The risk/reward is zero. Even if you squeek out a win in one of those 8 games, the chance of you being rewarded with a NCAA Bid is incredibly slim.So if you are going to try and schedule big teams, you had better make your reward high. Which means making them play you at home. To increase your local fan base, local media attention, and revenue stream. Oh and, chances of winning since the JAR would make any Major extremley claustrophobic.

Actually, I believe Nevada finished the year somewhere around #10 and we only lost to them by 2 on a missed last second shot. That's higher than Duke finished. I actually like our schedule this year. It's a move in the right direction, with some solid mid-majors. If you can't get what you want from the majors, schedule the bigger mid-majors and prove you can beat them.I would still entertain, though, 3-and-1 deals with four different major teams, giving you at least one home game with a big name each year over a four-year span.Also, let's keep in mind the team is banged up and were playing under some pretty rough conditions in the TOWC. A little slack may be warranted.

Great discussion...Bird Zip, I think you are on the right track....We need to get at least one or two of those kinds of games on our schedule each year. It would generate a number of positives for a program like ours, that is trying to make a name for itself. g-mann...the risk/reward is truly ZERO if you play a Portland State instead, and lose. So, what are you really accomplishing with a "softer" schedule? If you schedule like us, and lose games like that, you expose yourself in a major way. Lose to Duke? You've really lost nothing. And you've increased your SOS.This program desperately needs a few games a year against the Big Boys. Win or lose. If not. Well, then we will continue to experience repeat performances of the dissappointments of the last 30 years.

i like jd in the way he does his own thing.if a team is not willing to give akron a return game then do not play them.like one poster said what good did Can't do by playing duke.none.if it was such a good thing to play duke how did akron beat them three times.the big problem is there are about 300 b-ball teams so the acc ect can always find teams to play them at home.that does not mean akron had to follow the pack.