Zippy to Appear on WKYC-TV Friday Morning

I know the media relations department sent out information to all the stations in town when Zippy was named as one of the 12 in the contest. Since then, I don't know if they did anything to inform them that Zippy went undefeated and is in the finals. Regardless, Channel 3 has been running a spot at least once a week to remind everyone to vote for Zippy. This will also be Zippy's third live appearance on the morning show.

Trust me brother calls have been put in through out this whole contest and heavily this week. You have to remember that this is finals week and zippy does have to show up and take these. I know that is hard to believe but it does happen. We must also take care of the stations that have been there since day one. If you have any leads for us I am looking for a Monday angle to get us involved with. Also the campaign is more than just tv Its positive press of any kind. The team is working very hard on all aspects of this campaign. I would be glad to hear the thoughts and ideas for which stations you want us on.Thanks for your support

Sounds kind of crazy but has anyone sent an e-mail to any radio stations, TV stations or newspapers in Australia? Seems to me they'd be willing to jump on a kangaroo's bandwagon for a few days. I wonder if a newspaper down-under could get permission to reprint Giffel's article from today's Beacon? Could be one of those cute, filler-type stories for them.

Will the folks at Capital One be flying both Zippy and Goldy Gopher to Orlando prior to the Capital One Bowl to help keep the winner a surprise or just the winner? If it's just the winner heading south, I would imagine Zippy will be able to tell us one way or the other whether she won or not. I'm sure Zippy has been sworn to secrecy but ...

Will the folks at Capital One be flying both Zippy and Goldy Gopher to Orlando prior to the Capital One Bowl to help keep the winner a surprise or just the winner? If it's just the winner heading south, I would imagine Zippy will be able to tell us one way or the other whether she won or not. I'm sure Zippy has been sworn to secrecy but ...
The way I've heard it...the actual mascot will not be at the Capital One Bowl, but will be announced during a commercial during the game.....LAME!!!!

Dear Zippy:We e-mailed all of the families in our Cub Scout Pack with a link to the capitalonebowl.com page to vote for you.That's over 100 e-mail addresses....and we always follow the Cub Scout Motto: Do your best!Thanks again for coming to our October Pack meeting!The West Side Leader ran an article about your visit with a picture.Go Zippy!

The way I've heard it...the actual mascot will not be at the Capital One Bowl, but will be announced during a commercial during the game.....LAME!!!!
LAME is RIGHT!?! They can't afford a friggin' airplane ticket and hotel room for a couple of days? Why wouldn't they announce the winner to the crowd and TV audience and have the winning mascot acknowledge the award from midfield or something. I'm all left-brain but even I would bring the winner into town for the game. Maybe Zippy could spend some of her winnings (knock on wood) and crash the damn game.