God, I hate K-ent

Bleacher Bum

Can't just picked up two votes in the AP poll today. I know we got OU on Thurs and BG-STD on Sunday, but next week's game at the MAC Center could be epic. They are at Miami on Thursday and at OU on Saturday before we go up there on Wednesday. The MidMajor Top 25 is set to come out later today. Currently Can't is 8th, and we are 9th.

Winning at Can't means pretty much sealing up the division, assuming we take care of the games we're supposed to win (all the home games and sweeping the West). Winning the MAC regular season crown should be the focus now, since it makes sure we get into the post-season. We can't afford to look past any opponents, though. Let's take care of the Bubbacats first.

Can't just picked up two votes in the AP poll today. I know we got OU on Thurs and BG-STD on Sunday, but next week's game at the MAC Center could be epic. They are at Miami on Thursday and at OU on Saturday before we go up there on Wednesday. The MidMajor Top 25 is set to come out later today. Currently Can't is 8th, and we are 9th.
I think Miami beats Can't at Millett. They're pissed off, and they've got nothing to lose.

Well, before Can't, the great thing that can come out of this week is that we will be separating ourselves by 2 GAMES in the loss column from both Ohio and Miami. Then, it starts to look like a two-team race. And we can put the road game against Can't clearly in our sights. I really believe that the MAC East winner will be the team between Akron, Can't, Ohio, and Miami that can steal a win against one of the other 3 on the road. That's how we won the East last year, and I don't see this year being any different. Can't has an identical record as us, and has played a much higher SOS. I'm not surprised that they are getting top-25 votes instead of us at this point. But, we can change that next week.

Agree - Miami IS pissed off with 2 MAC losses. Glad we're not the ones heading to Oxford Thursday night.OU may be in a surly mood as well IF we take care of business Thursday night. OU will also have 2 MAC losses when they welcome Can't into the Convo Saturday night IF we hand them another 'L.' Again, sure glad we aren't the ones heading into Athens Saturday night.Bleacher - no need to even qualify "God, I hate K-ent." It is what it is. :screwks:

Can't is ahead of us in every other poll or ranking I've seen so for anyway. So, this should come as no surprise to anyone.The only thing that will change that is if we beat them. Honestly, I'd still rather have home court the 2nd time we play them this year, since that one will most likely decide the East title.

The midmajor poll is out. Can't is 5th and we are 6th.www.midmajortop25.com
If Can't beats both Miami and Ohio on the road, I'll say that they deserve to be ahead of us.I like our being ranked 6th this week. Does anybody remember the highest we were ranked last year?
Do you really see Can't beating Miami at Millet AND Ohio at the Convo? Aren't those two of the tougher places to play? Edit: Er..I just realized something, Ohio hasn't beaten Can't in 5-6 games. They're due. (hopefully)

Zippysgotagun...you just made the point that I always try to make on this board.We, as fans, can look as far ahead as we want. It doesn't affect the way the team plays. It just cracks me up when some people say, "hey, lets just take one game at a time", as if we are the coaches talking to the players. Getting two games of separation in the loss column from both Miami and Ohio will really be huge. And if we can pull off a win at Can't again, that really swings the entire East race in our favor, especially since we'll have that home game against Can't to end the season, if needed.

The midmajor poll is out. Can't is 5th and we are 6th.www.midmajortop25.com
If Can't beats both Miami and Ohio on the road, I'll say that they deserve to be ahead of us.I like our being ranked 6th this week. Does anybody remember the highest we were ranked last year?
I thought the highest we got last year was 11. Not sure though.

We, as fans, can look as far ahead as we want. It doesn't affect the way the team plays. It just cracks me up when some people say, "hey, lets just take one game at a time", as if we are the coaches talking to the players.
Damn it. You're the kid who told all the other kids in Kindergarten that there is NO SANTA aren't you?!? At least let me believe that I have some impact on the outcome of the game!!!