Akron/Can't

ZipsGuy9

I don't think it's too early to start a new topic about the big game on Sunday ... Here are my thoughts:1) The Zips enter Sunday with much more momentum, playing much better. Did anyone watch Can't on ESPN2? They looked VERY VERY sloppy and unimpressive. Sure, Miami makes you play an "ugly" type of game ... but for a team that was ranked last week, I was very unimpressed. 2) Last game (against Can't) isn't even close if the Zips don't turn the ball over 1,000 times. If we take care of the ball, we win on Sunday. 3) McKnight and Bardo MUST help Wood out down low against Ham-Sandwich. McKnight has been playing very well, getting big rebounds, and last night actually scoring. However, he tends to commit a lot of stupid fouls which could hurt the Zips in a close contest (which Sunday will no doubt be).My prediction: Akron 78 KSWho 74

I've honetly given up trying to predict what this team is going to do from week to week, game to game. If we come out and play as good as we are capable of we look like a tournament team and can certainly beat anyone in the conference. If we come out struggling to get the ball in low to Jeremiah, turning the ball over and missing our 3's we can get beat by anyone in this conference. Right now I'm just along for the ride. That said, everyone knows this is the big rivalry. Sold out game. Bad blood. Revenge (on both teams minds). Even without any real seeding implications, if you can't get up for this type of game you don't deserve to play or enjoy D-I college basketball.