Transportation Fee

I think it takes the place of the traditional parking pass fee. It gets you access to the Roo Express shuttle system.People at UA are lazy, they complain if they have to park more than 100 feet from their class. This new fee will get their attention and they might notice the shuttle service.I've never spent more than 5 seconds looking for a parking spot, but I don't insist on parking right next to my classroom.

I think it takes the place of the traditional parking pass fee. It gets you access to the Roo Express shuttle system.People at UA are lazy, they complain if they have to park more than 100 feet from their class. This new fee will get their attention and they might notice the shuttle service.I've never spent more than 5 seconds looking for a parking spot, but I don't insist on parking right next to my classroom.
Basically, that was why that was added. Simply put, with the lack of support from METRO-no discounts on passes for students, poor routes on campus, UA was just going to have to build their own system. And yet, it's STILL MUCH LESS than what people pay to park at where I am now.

every year I've been at the university I've walked my happy ass around for free and now that I can't do that it kinda ticks me off. oh well I guess this will only promote everyone driving and using up more parking spots and gas
that's the way i see it. screw it, i'll park a car and avoid the wait of a shuttle or the two block walk in the snow