No replies to this topic

#1 Blue & Gold

Blue & Gold

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,516 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:26 AM

I'm trying to figure out my new iPad here, so bengentlemifnthisnis screwed up.
Akron Beacon Journal

Three things I found of interest.1) It is essentially the same contract that iCoach received. That makes sense, I guess.2) This contract is actually not quite as sweet with incentives as that of iCoach. However...3) T-Bow's contract is easier to get out of if other universities recruit T-Bow away (the last thing I want to think about right now).4) Ianello was only the 4th or 5th highest paid coach in the MAC. Not that iCoach deserved a dime for what he did to this university's football program, but none-the-less, I'm surprised LP & the Board of Trustees weren't eager to make UA's coach a more lucrative position. I'm guessing the is a verbal understanding that if Coach Bowden takes the Zips to the top of the MAC, he'll quickly have his contract reworked to reflect his real value, e.g., Caleb Porter. But, long-story-short, it appears as though we were able to land Coach Bowden for a middling MAC football HC's salary.

Terry Bowden. Keith Dambrot. Rick Rembielak. Chuck Amato. How ya like dem apples, Terry Pluto?! This is AKRON!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users