Golden's MAC Power Rankings

MACReport

1. Ball State2. Can't3. BG4. Central5. AkronThe Zips got the Wagon Wheel, but the offense just can’t get rolling smoothly enough to convince me that this team can last over the entire season. A week ago, I thought the QB situation was figured out, but Carlton Jackson lasted just three passes against UCONN, and sophomore Chris Jacquemain went back in to action with efficiency but not much downfield threat.The defense did a great job against a really solid UCONN attack for a half, but looked brutal in the second half as Husky QB Tyler Lorenzen led three straight TD drives in the third quarter. If the D can survive Tim Hiller and Western, this squad could very well by 4-0 in the MAC by November.6. Western.The offense put up a really strong performance against the sieve-like Toledo D Saturday, putting the Rockets away with a Jamarko Simmons TD reception with under five left to go up 21. The pass D finally showed up, and played like a unit with multiple all-conference performers should, but the D also gave up a lot of yards to Rocket RB Jalen Parmele (20 cars, 130 yards). Parmele is a really good back, but this defense still has to show me something before I consider this team a contender for the West. How often do you get this the fifth game of the year; WMU had two backs get their first 100 yard games of the year against the Rockets.7. OU8. Buffalo9. Miami10. Toledo11. NIU12. Eastern13, Temple

I'm sure nobody likes seeing Can't ranked ahead of us, but they did put on an impressive performance on the road at OU.What they aren't accounting for is that we essentially have a 2-game lead on Can't State right now, because we'll win a head-to-head tie breaker.So....all we have to do is keep winning, and make them chase us. If we can win at Buffalo and home against Temple, we are 3-1 in MAC play at the very worst. That would put us in pretty good position going into the more difficult November part of our schedule. Frankly, I think Bowling Green is the best team in the East. But, we play them on the road, and I believe I read that Can't State plays them at home. That could prove to be a stroke of bad luck in the scheduling for us.

A week ago, I thought the QB situation was figured out, but Carlton Jackson lasted just three passes against UCONN, and sophomore Chris Jacquemain went back in to action with efficiency but not much downfield threatI'm not sure how serious I can take this guys comments and rankings. Did he even watch the game last week? His statement that CJ7 only lasted 3 passes is stated as if he thought he got pulled after starting. These 3 passes were on our last offensive series when he finally got to takes some snaps (actually second to last if you count the 3 hand offs to Tuzze to end the game as an offensive series).