OK let's end this debate

Who has the worst campus?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Another thread went off topic arguing about how nice Can't's campus is so let's find out what everyone thinks.

First Poll: You can select more than one in the first poll if you think it's a tie for worst, but let's try to keep it to 2 or less.

Second Poll: The question is "which campus is WORST?"

Somebody's not reading the instructions.

I chose CSU in the top section. It can't even be called a campus.

I was going to exclude it saying exactly that but i figured someone would complain.

And I guess i should flip the second question as everyone is getting it backwards.

I've never been to Y-Town State, so I fought that impulse to mark it anyhow.

I chose CSU. Right now the "campus" is where Akron was 20 years ago. That being said, mark my words that in ten years it should be much much better environment for students.

Between Akron and Can't, I've got to go with Can't as the better of the two. I am including downtown Can't/Water St. Bars in the equation. Their bar and restaurant scene is just a zillion times better than ours.

While our student center, stadium, ej thomas and rec building are amazing, but we still are an unfinished campus in many ways...but we'll get there. Especially if the positive changes on campus can draw business back to Exchange.

Another thread went off topic arguing about how nice Can't's campus is so let's find out what everyone thinks.

First Poll: You can select more than one in the first poll if you think it's a tie for worst, but let's try to keep it to 2 or less.

Second Poll: The question is "which campus is WORST?"

This thread makes UA look more like Hilltop High than it ever did. Thanks for denigrating our alma mater with childish lunacy. The author probably works for another embarassment for The University of Akron...The Buchtelite. The Daily Can't Stater reads like college students run it. The Buchtelite reads like a product of retarded kindergateners. Hey Zippers, in order for you to clean the poop out of your pants, you have to first admit that it is there in the first place.

Yes, you are right and to think some on this site want UA to look like CSU by vomiting the campus all through the downtown area with busy streets running through everything. Oh, that's right, if we build overpasses between buildings to compensate for the downtown streets, that will make everything look like a real campus...bridges, overpasses and a downtown arena...yes sir that will make UA the hot campus to want to be on.

Yes, you are right and to think some on this site want UA to look like CSU by vomiting the campus all through the downtown area with busy streets running through everything. Oh, that's right, if we build overpasses between buildings to compensate for the downtown streets, that will make everything look like a real campus...bridges, overpasses and a downtown arena...yes sir that will make UA the hot campus to want to be on.

Dude you seriously should just go away. Your Akron hating, Can't State loving posts are getting annoying.

I know you're going to get all whiny once i state this but Can't sucks dude, seriously. It's more than a rivalry, i'm just stating facts. They have professors that claim 9/11 was a "good thing for America", they have a history of Anti-Americanism (throwing stuff at the national guard), their campus looks like trash, they boo Army recruits being sworn in, they chant during national anthems, they vandalize their own stadium, etc etc.

You'll argue "well it's just a few bad apples giving them a bad name" but the truth is it happens far too often to just be a few people. Can't State just sucks.

Acknowledge that and be a Zips fan or go away.

btw it's pretty lame that you voted your own school the worst campus in the state. It says a lot about your ability to make decisions on where to go to college/who to root for.

I don't want to derail the thing you have going with Jake lol.

But I wouldn't equate "throwing things at the National Guard" with anti-Americanism.

Dude you seriously should just go away. Your Akron hating, Can't State loving posts are getting annoying.

I know you're going to get all whiny once i state this but Can't sucks dude, seriously. It's more than a rivalry, i'm just stating facts. They have professors that claim 9/11 was a "good thing for America", they have a history of Anti-Americanism (throwing stuff at the national guard), their campus looks like trash, they boo Army recruits being sworn in, they chant during national anthems, they vandalize their own stadium, etc etc.

You'll argue "well it's just a few bad apples giving them a bad name" but the truth is it happens far too often to just be a few people. Can't State just sucks.

btw it's pretty lame that you voted your own school the worst campus in the state. It says a lot about your ability to make decisions on where to go to college/who to root for.

First of all, it isn't fair to compare UA to any of these schools except Cleveland State. UA borders Akron's downtown. Even other urban campuses like Toledo and Ohio State are further away from the city core. That said, I think Akron has a nicer campus than K-ent, Toledo, and Y-town. Those are the only 3 that I have seen firsthand. The area surrounding campus is an entirely different discussion. Can't State has some of the crappiest architecture on a college campus in Ohio. Seriously. It's like a campus full of Ayer Hall's(UA students know what I'm talking about).

Give it 10 years, and UA's campus will be on the same level as Ohio State(as far as urban campuses go--on a smaller scale, of course). Just remember, in Proenza we trust. As shady as he might be, the man knows how to put on a fund raiser.

But I wouldn't equate "throwing things at the National Guard" with anti-Americanism.

What do you call it then? Protesting is as American as it gets but getting violent is a different story.

What do you call it then? Protesting is as American as it gets but getting violent is a different story.

Hmm, I'd probably call it anti-authority or anti-establishment.

Well, some could argue that this country was founded on violent protests.

Little different circumstances.

Throwing things at innocent people who are doing their job and are keeping the peace due to someone protesting a war to stop the spread of communism VS. troops directly under the command of the person oppressing the people.

Actually, as an American and a History major i find it extremely offensive to compare Can't State protesters to the patriots that founded this country.

Throwing things at innocent people who are doing their job and are keeping the peace due to someone protesting a war to stop the spread of communism VS. troops directly under the command of the person oppressing the people.

Actually, as an American and a History major i find it extremely offensive to compare Can't State protesters to the patriots that founded this country.

Root, your very succinct description of the Vietnam war likely tells me we're not going to agree on much. But because you're a history major you surely understand the complete turmoil that was going on in the 60's with multiple assassinations, institutionalized racism, distrust of government and the growing death toll of our troops.

Not saying it was right for some of the K-ent protesters to throw teargas back at the guard, break windows or whatever. But the fact that this student backlash was going on not in Berkley but instead by "normal kids" in middle America makes the event significant, I think.

p.s. lol now we're way of topic

[quote name='RootforRoo44' post='113821' date='Apr 30

Root, as a student of history you are well aware of the fact that it is written by the winners.

My dry attempt at sarcasm (trust me I hate dirty hippies as much as anyone) was only to point out that protests often become violent.

The fact of the matter is that the Boston Massacre and May 4th don't have that much separating them. A group of protesters confronting soldiers assigned to protect property of the government and maintain the general peace. It turns violent after a soldier feels threatened, the rest is history.

In the eyes of those hippies they were standing up to a "person oppressing the people" sending their friends off to a war that had nothing to do with the US.

To the National guard and millions of others, those kids were entitled (most of them wealthy) spoiled brats that were worthless and didn't know what it meant to be a part of the country. They were mostly traitors and treasoness wretches.

Had we stayed under British rule, the general opinion of the Boston Massacre would have been the same as the general opinion of May 4th. A feeling that tragedy occurred that could have been avoided if people would have just "stayed in line".

PS. Can't's campus still sucks (we are so off topic)

[quote name='RootforRoo44' post='113821' date='Apr 30

Root, as a student of history you are well aware of the fact that it is written by the winners.

My dry attempt at sarcasm (trust me I hate dirty hippies as much as anyone) was only to point out that protests often become violent.

The fact of the matter is that the Boston Massacre and May 4th don't have that much separating them. A group of protesters confronting soldiers assigned to protect property of the government and maintain the general peace. It turns violent after a soldier feels threatened, the rest is history.

In the eyes of those hippies they were standing up to a "person oppressing the people" sending their friends off to a war that had nothing to do with the US.

To the National guard and millions of others, those kids were entitled (most of them wealthy) spoiled brats that were worthless and didn't know what it meant to be a part of the country. They were mostly traitors and treasoness wretches.

Had we stayed under British rule, the general opinion of the Boston Massacre would have been the same as the general opinion of May 4th. A feeling that tragedy occurred that could have been avoided if people would have just "stayed in line".

PS. Can't's campus still sucks (we are so off topic)

Fair enough, and i agree with most of it. I still think that protesting an entire oppressive government is far more justified compared to a bunch of entitled kids protesting a reasonable war. (yes Vietnam principally was justified, it was just executed terribly).