Winthrop Game Date

As far as a bar with food before or after the game, you could try Barley House, although they don't treat outsiders (no offense) very well there. But their sandwiches are delish, and try the bread pudding, trust me.
Winthrop Fans,Zips Supporter is correct. This place is much better than BW3.I have to warn you Winthrop fans though, you guys will be coming up from Rock Hill or somewhere around there. Christmas time in NE Ohio can be pretty cold. You will have to drive from Barley House to the game. You could walk, but if it is cold you will be miserable. The only advantage of BW3 is you can park in the arena parking, walk a short distance to BW3 and have some beer without having to drive to the game. If it snows, go to BW3....I get to see first hand every time it rains how southerners drive in the rain and it ain't pretty.....if it snows, forget about it. You seem like a nice guy and I'd hate to hear you killed yourself. I have to give you credit Winthrop fan, if you are going to spend a weekend of your life at Christmas time going to Akron freaking Ohio for a bb game, you are one Hell of a good fan. :cheers: Just as an FYI to everyone else, you want to live somewhere people have trouble driving in the rain. Poor rain driving = almost never snows and a beautiful climate where the biggest concern is how hot it is going to be. This is the life.

Winthrop Fans,Zips Supporter is correct. This place is much better than BW3.I have to warn you Winthrop fans though, you guys will be coming up from Rock Hill or somewhere around there. Christmas time in NE Ohio can be pretty cold. You will have to drive from Barley House to the game. You could walk, but if it is cold you will be miserable. The only advantage of BW3 is you can park in the arena parking, walk a short distance to BW3 and have some beer without having to drive to the game. If it snows, go to BW3....I get to see first hand every time it rains how southerners drive in the rain and it ain't pretty.....if it snows, forget about it. You seem like a nice guy and I'd hate to hear you killed yourself. I have to give you credit Winthrop fan, if you are going to spend a weekend of your life at Christmas time going to Akron freaking Ohio for a bb game, you are one Hell of a good fan. :cheers: Just as an FYI to everyone else, you want to live somewhere people have trouble driving in the rain. Poor rain driving = almost never snows and a beautiful climate where the biggest concern is how hot it is going to be. This is the life.
I'll keep these places you've mentioned in mind. I always like to taste the food of places that I travel to, and as a newly-21-year-old who would rather have something not called Bud Light, beer is on the list as well.As for the snow driving...the friend I'm currently planning on coming up with is from Anchorage, Alaska...so I think we'll be fine if there's some white stuff on the ground. Thanks for looking out though. ;)

Try the Sun Bar & Grill on Exchange Street just south of where the new U of A football stadium is being built. You can park a block or so to the west (the JAR where UA plays basketball is only a few blocks north). Let us know what you think of the place, including the parking lot. Some here in Akron (a jury) feel the business and parking lot are worth $3.1 mil (a cool $1 mil for the parking lot alone!). Let us know what you think! ;) Then again, forget what I said above and try one of the other places mentioned in this thread. I couldn't resist.
88, you trying to get the man shot? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Dumpy blighted bar: $3.1millionDodging bullets from riffraff: priceless.
Riffraff? Who said that a Can't State contingent would be about the premises that evening?Go Zips!!

• 3 weeks later...