Ossie's Insights

http://www.ncaa.com/sport/default.aspx?SPI...1&id=327754Zips Senior Ossie Michalsen has his own blog up on NCAA.comHe talks a little about himself and about the team.
Looking at this year's season my focus will be on the team and our journey. We are very excited and have high aspirations towards what we want to achieve. Although much talk has been about national championship, rankings and so forth, it is really about the journey.With this comes moments of glory, but also adversity. This past weekend we faced some adversity as we lost our exhibition game to North Carolina by a 2-0 decision. Although we were disappointed, I have learned that our success will depend on our ability to change this from being a negative event to a positive challenge that we will overcome.Going into this weekend we are very optimistic facing Notre Dame and Indiana. This weekend highlights what college soccer is all about with great crowds and entertaining soccer. Being part of an experience like this is great and we look to perform and build on the experience against North Carolina. We need to sort out what we didn't do well but also bring with us what we did well. As we leave for Bloomington, Ind., it is with a positive attitude and confidence in our ability as a team.Next week I will tell you all about our weekend in Indiana and the continuation of the Zip's journey of 2008.
Good luck out there Ossie! Bring back a pair of wins!