How in the H did we win that game?

Was at the game today, sitting amidst a sea of Kan't students opposite the Press Box side. After the first offensive drive the Zippers were awful, I mean just awful. Even though I know we won the game on the scoreboard, I actually felt on the way home as if we lost today. The O-line was overmatched, I wanted to choke Jac, who looked like the same uncertain goof ball as last year, and the Zips in general were uninspired and uninspiring. I'm still very disappointed, although somehow we pulled it out. I'll stop venting, and we'll all hope that they get their heads out of their behinds before taking on BG next weekend. For those of you who were there today, imagine THAT many students, plus the rest of the Akron-area community at home Infocision games next year. Akron sports are about to become a major community event, in general, unlike they've been before. I can't wait to be a part of it.GO ZIPS.

Who put that lick on edelman when he pitched at the one for the td? Nice turnout by zips fans. Anyone see that weanie run past the zips bench flushing his gums before they called it back on a holding call? What an ass! We didn't outplay them, but it helps take the sting out of the Cincy game. :screwks::screwks::screwks:

This is Robert:Was the touch down good did he actually catch the ball that won them the game
I was watching it on ESPN Gameplan. They showed a gazillion replays. It was most certainly a catch. Though the catch didn't win the game; Igor's FG won the game...along with Reed's shank. :) Go Zips!

Bowser Superman? He must have been trying to catch Kryptonite the rest of the game! He couldn't hold on to a ball until the end of the game. I'm sorry, but he has to show a lot more consistency before I'll like him! Saying that, it was a great catch! Does anyone know why it took so long to get the refs to review it?

They were looking for any reason it could be called incomplete. I mean, this is MAC officiating and we're Akron so I think it says somewhere in the rule book to screw us any chance they get. It was so obvious that it was a chatch that if they didn't overturn it, they realized they would never officiate again, so they had to call it a catch.

uafan...I couldn't agree more. Bowser makes a couple of athletic plays in a game, and people insist that he is the offensive savior. But, what happens in between is still very questionable. If he wants to become a star, show me some consistency. Anymore...I can't name ONE of the top three receiver that can hold onto the football with regularity. I simply can't count how many times today I stood up to cheer a great play, only to take another look and see the pass laying on the ground. Zipsrifle...I certainly understand the frustration with the officiating. Does anyone else remember the ending to a road game against OU a couple of years ago? We had a chance to beat them the year they won the East. We had an onside kick at the end of the game to get the ball one more time with a chance to win. An Akron player recovers the fumble, and actually stands up and shows the ball. The refs are still looking into the pile, don't know what to do, and award the ball to OU. JD challenges the call, and the footage CLEARLY shows the Akron player standing up out of the pile with the ball in his hands, and they DO NOT overturn the ruling on the field. This finalized my view about the pathetic nature of MAC officials, and their known tendency to not overturn calls...and that is the reason why I had no faith in them making the right call today.

uafan...I couldn't agree more. Bowser makes a couple of athletic plays in a game, and people insist that he is the offensive savior. But, what happens in between is still very questionable. If he wants to become a star, show me some consistency. Anymore...I can't name ONE of the top three receiver that can hold onto the football with regularity. I simply can't count how many times today I stood up to cheer a great play, only to take another look and see the pass laying on the ground. Zipsrifle...I certainly understand the frustration with the officiating. Does anyone else remember the ending to a road game against OU a couple of years ago? We had a chance to beat them the year they won the East. We had an onside kick at the end of the game to get the ball one more time with a chance to win. An Akron player recovers the fumble, and actually stands up and shows the ball. The refs are still looking into the pile, don't know what to do, and award the ball to OU. JD challenges the call, and the footage CLEARLY shows the Akron player standing up out of the pile with the ball in his hands, and they DO NOT overturn the ruling on the field. This finalized my view about the pathetic nature of MAC officials, and their known tendency to not overturn calls...and that is the reason why I had no faith in them making the right call today.
I understand that Bowser has dropped a few balls here and there but he still has made plays all year. He still leads the team in receptions and yardage even though Jones is right behind him. Yes he made a great catch and he should be treated like a hero right now and so should Igor.