MANNY SETTLES!

RowdyZip

The :john: is all but dead. I bet like the Sun Grille Manny Pub will be closed long before the deadline. Aroma and chopstix may last a little while longer. But, they'll be moved and closed long before March 1st. Also Manny not getting 1.8 mil. :laugh_up: The attorneys get their fees and UofA paying Manny's court costs in included in that total, so I'm betting Manny take is around the 900,000 and I'm sure this jury would have given him that amout this time around which is why he saw the light and settled. The writing was on the wall when Spicer ruled the real estate broker couldn't testify for Manny like he did for Joe the last time. The sad fact is this all could have been avioded had Manny not been such a moron about this and he still could have gotten the same monies months ago. :laugh_up:

Two quick items: Joe's has been closed for a couple months now.I heard a rumor OBC is losing a LOT of money and will be closing shortly into the New Year. I hope I'm wrong on this one...
NNNOOOOOO!!!!! SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!!I just bought my own reserved mug at OBC and was starting to think of it as my local kinda hang out. I have noticed that it seems not as popular as Barley House next door, but I really, really, really like the OBC brew. It's the only brew pub in town. Please stick around Verich's!OBC Mug #89 outSeeTeeZip

Two quick items: Joe's has been closed for a couple months now.I heard a rumor OBC is losing a LOT of money and will be closing shortly into the New Year. I hope I'm wrong on this one...
NNNOOOOOO!!!!! SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!!I just bought my own reserved mug at OBC and was starting to think of it as my local kinda hang out. I have noticed that it seems not as popular as Barley House next door, but I really, really, really like the OBC brew. It's the only brew pub in town. Please stick around Verich's!OBC Mug #89 outSeeTeeZip
Ahhhhhhhh!!!!! This would just about put the capper to a horrible string of bad Zips-related luck lately. If the joint goes down, I sure hope the beer sticks around in some form.

Two quick items: Joe's has been closed for a couple months now.
They closed the SUn Grille not long after the agreement despite the UofA giving them until Dec 15 to vacate the property. They said the last two tennats they still had in the :john: warehouse should have been gone Dec 1st.

It's about damn time! I despise at any U of A student who bothers to patronize that place.
Last couple of times I've been in Akron I've made a point to go by there and see for myself how bad it had gotten. I saw only assorted bums and other derelicts going to Manny's Pub and only Akron Police going to the Aroma.

We need one of our resident photo shop experts to take the aerial shot of UofA Stadium and show Manny :john: businesses being blown up. :gun:
How would you like it; burnt or extra crispy?I could throw something together... not gonna guarantee it'd be a mona lisa or anything...

We need one of our resident photo shop experts to take the aerial shot of UofA Stadium and show Manny :john: businesses being blown up. :gun:
How would you like it; burnt or extra crispy?I could throw something together... not gonna guarantee it'd be a mona lisa or anything...
Just do it. :gun:

I hope that you are wrong as well. if they do go down I will blame the kitchen staff. it seems like everytime I go there they forget to bring me my food and it comes out cold. (one time burnt and cold) but the bar is AWSOME!! what they need to do is tell Damons to F-off and get someone real to run that kitchen

I hope that you are wrong as well. if they do go down I will blame the kitchen staff. it seems like everytime I go there they forget to bring me my food and it comes out cold. (one time burnt and cold) but the bar is AWSOME!! what they need to do is tell Damons to F-off and get someone real to run that kitchen
AMEN BROTHER. Actually, I don't feel quite as strongly about the food, but the Damon's aspect certainly doesn't live up to the OBC aspect. Can you imagine combining the overall dealio at Barley House with the fresh-brewed goodness that is OBC? I just got the shivers thinking about it.GO BEER! GO ZIPS! TO HELL WITH THE NCAA!SeeTeeZip, aka OBC Mug #89

AMEN BROTHER. Actually, I don't feel quite as strongly about the food, but the Damon's aspect certainly doesn't live up to the OBC aspect. Can you imagine combining the overall dealio at Barley House with the fresh-brewed goodness that is OBC? I just got the shivers thinking about it.GO BEER! GO ZIPS! TO HELL WITH THE NCAA!SeeTeeZip, aka OBC Mug #89
I just don't like the Barley House on the weekend nights. to much music and stupid people for me

I just don't like the Barley House on the weekend nights. to much music and stupid people for me
True. Say, I wonder how many OBS mug holders are also ZN posters/lurkers? We've accounted for at least three here of late (me, JohnnyZip84, you). Are you aware of others on the boards?STZ, OBC Mug 89

I've only been to the BH once and it was on the weekend. I was very unimpressed considering it's an Irish pub and a poorly poured pint of Guinness was $5.75 :blink: I still need to make it out to the OBC. What time do you guys recommend?

I've only been to the BH once and it was on the weekend. I was very unimpressed considering it's an Irish pub and a poorly poured pint of Guinness was $5.75 :blink: I still need to make it out to the OBC. What time do you guys recommend?
anytime realy. you see OBC never gets jumpin with people and loud music wich is something I love about it. you can just walk in grab a brew talk smak with some friends play some pool watch a game and not worry about some drunk chick tossing her cookies on your shoes.

anytime realy. you see OBC never gets jumpin with people and loud music wich is something I love about it. you can just walk in grab a brew talk smak with some friends play some pool watch a game and not worry about some drunk chick tossing her cookies on your shoes.
haha awesome I will have to head down there sometime. I am a little too shy to talk to anyone though =PPlus I can't say I hate the late night "club" atmosphere. I'm still a fresh 21 year old lol