Indiana trying to back out?

ZachTheZip

I have heard significant chatter from IU fans about the Hoosers trying to get us to play the game at their place this year.There's absolutely no way we can let that happen. We already had Kentucky back out thanks to the screwups in charge of the MAC.
where did you hear this?

I don't see any chatter on the IU board about buying out the game. Can you link to the message board where you are seeing this? The only talk I see about the game is there fans predicting a win. The IU schedule is posted with an away game. I don't think they would change anything this late.

We really shouldn't say a program sucks, especially since we lost to them 41-24.
two seasons ago...and they lost multiple times to the MAC last year. They are the joke of the big ten.
Don't forget Purdue, Illinois, and Northwestern. The Big Ten sucks. Any of the teams from the bottom half of their conference could play in the MAC and wouldn't even win it most years(and that's with the Big Ten recruits they get now..give them a few years of MAC recruits...). Yet, if they win six games, you'd better believe they will have a nice bowl game. The BC$ sucks.

We really shouldn't say a program sucks, especially since we lost to them 41-24.
two seasons ago...and they lost multiple times to the MAC last year. They are the joke of the big ten.
Two seasons ago.Try last seasonL 09-20-2008 20 Ball St. (IN) 42 Bloomington, INL 11-01-2008 34 Central Michigan 37 Bloomington, IN

I know nothing about the IU situation. But, there are many instances where a "larger" school schedules a home and home against a "smaller" school, books the first game at their place, and then bails out.
There are instances and it usually involves a Nebraska or LSU greedy to get another home game. Nebraska bailed out on UCF, Southern Miss (Nebraska did go to Hattieburgs, MS a few years later) and Houston. LSU bailed out on Fresno St.Indiana, Purdue, Northwestern, Minnesota type schools have been coming to MAC campuses to play and I haven't seen any of them bail out.

Don't forget Purdue, Illinois, and Northwestern. The Big Ten sucks. Any of the teams from the bottom half of their conference could play in the MAC and wouldn't even win it most years(and that's with the Big Ten recruits they get now..give them a few years of MAC recruits...). Yet, if they win six games, you'd better believe they will have a nice bowl game. The BC$ sucks.
You have to be kidding me. If you honestly believe either Purdue, Illinois and Northwestern wouldn't win the MAC 9 out of 10 years you must have a screw loose. Just look at the MAC's combined record against these teams.

You have to be kidding me. If you honestly believe either Purdue, Illinois and Northwestern wouldn't win the MAC 9 out of 10 years you must have a screw loose. Just look at the MAC's combined record against these teams.
You're right and I don't know why someone would say the lower half of the Big 10+1 sucks compared to the MAC. I'll admit Purdue and Indiana haven't fared well as late in a couple of MAC games. But, lifetime is whole another story.Purdue 36-7-1 Indiana 36-6-1Illinois 11-4Northwestern 13-9-1Minnesota 26-3-1That statement about the lower half of Big 10+1 is not even close to being true. The lower half of Big 10+1 is a combined 122-29-3 Vs the MAC. :blink: If, that record indicates sucks. I'd hate to see what record from good old fashion butt kicking looked like. :nutkick:

The all-time records are very lopsided but I don't think the bottom of the B10 would be a guaranteed winner in the MAC. The difference between the bottom of the B10 and top of the MAC is very small. Historically, MAC schools played B10 exclusively on the road. Now, the MAC is getting some home games and wins. I don't think Illinois, Indiana, and Northwestern would come in and win all of their games. The road and upsets making winning any conference difficult.

I know nothing about the IU situation. But, there are many instances where a "larger" school schedules a home and home against a "smaller" school, books the first game at their place, and then bails out.
I think that IU knows that it is a dangerous game(with the new stadium). rather do said quote. However some will travel(Can't state's home game against Minnesota a few years ago, I think)

The all-time records are very lopsided but I don't think the bottom of the B10 would be a guaranteed winner in the MAC. The difference between the bottom of the B10 and top of the MAC is very small. Historically, MAC schools played B10 exclusively on the road. Now, the MAC is getting some home games and wins. I don't think Illinois, Indiana, and Northwestern would come in and win all of their games. The road and upsets making winning any conference difficult.
09-02-2005 Indiana 20 Central Michigan 13 @ Mount Pleasant, MI 09-09-2006 Indiana 24 Ball St 23 @ Muncie, IN 08-31-2006 Northwestern 21 Miami OH 3 @ Oxford, OH 09-06-2008 Minnesota 42 Bowling Green 17 @ Bowling Green, OH08-30-2001 Toledo 38 Minnesota 7 @ Toledo, OH09-01-2007 Purdue 52 Toledo 24 @ Toledo, OH11-08-2008 Western Michigan 23 Illinois 17 @ Detroit, MII find no data to support that claim. The few victories the MAC has Vs the lower half Big 10+1 teams most have come at the Big 10+1 stadiums.You have Toledo winning at Home and Western Michigan winning a Neutral Site. These are all games played in the last 10 years. I found 1 MAC win at home if you go back over the previous 10 years Vs the Bottom 5 of the Big 10+1The MAC is better then it has been. But, it still not good enough to make that claim of competing Vs the lower half of Big 10+1.Outside of couple of upsets and Indiana lousy team of last year.The MAC has not fared well Vs the bottom half of Big 10+1 home or away.

I think everyone is forgetting the biggest joke in the Big Ten is a team from Columbus...i don't recall the name of the school
That joke of team in Columbus is lifetime 24-1 Vs the MAC and lone loss was to Akron in 1894.
vmd9! I remember you! You were the one who's first post was those sweet UA graphics!btw...sorry for starting such a a firestorm. I just have the opinion that schools like Indiana and Purdue would have trouble winning the MAC year in and year out. And 9 out of 10 years? Are you crazy? Someone made a good point about home games. If those teams had to play schools like Akron or CMU AT our place, there's no way they would win the conference 9 times out of 10.It's a moot point. We'll never know. Let's just focus on winning our conference the way it is now.