OU Game - thoughts and predictions

On a related note, I thought the Greeks in attendance at the OU game were pathetic. Half of them didn't seem to realize there was a game going on, and the only time they made any noise was when a chicken sandwich was on the line or burritos were flying into the stands. Then, with 6:29 left in the game, about 80% of them left. Must have been a party somewhere at 9:00.

On a related note, I thought the Greeks in attendance at the OU game were pathetic. Half of them didn't seem to realize there was a game going on, and the only time they made any noise was when a chicken sandwich was on the line or burritos were flying into the stands. Then, with 6:29 left in the game, about 80% of them left. Must have been a party somewhere at 9:00.
i agree they were pathetic....what was with the clapping and stomping during OUR free throws too?

i agree they were pathetic....what was with the clapping and stomping during OUR free throws too?Yeah, as a recent UA alum and former Rowdy I was kind of salty about the stomping during our free throws.. It seemed like a lot of those kids were just there to be there and really had no interest in the game. Or perhaps no understanding of the game? I initially thought they were OU fans when they were screaming during Akron's freethrow attempts.. I mean, I'm not trying to judge anyone's "fanhood" or anything, and I think that it's great that all of those kids came out to the game, but how many would have been there if it weren't greek night? Well anyway, here's hoping those kids enjoyed the win, and hopefully some enjoyed it enough to return for most, if not all, of the home games next season...Also, I was wondering if there is any word about Rowdy/MAC Tourney info as it might pertain to alumni Rowdies, as I and basically all of my Rowdy comrades have since graduated and i no longer have my finger on the pulse of Akron's driving force... i.e. Is there a way to get tickets in the rowdies section somehow, or are alumni basically on their own? This is my first semester as an alumni so you'll have to excuse my cluelessness on this one...

Also, I was wondering if there is any word about Rowdy/MAC Tourney info as it might pertain to alumni Rowdies, as I and basically all of my Rowdy comrades have since graduated and i no longer have my finger on the pulse of Akron's driving force... i.e. Is there a way to get tickets in the rowdies section somehow, or are alumni basically on their own? This is my first semester as an alumni so you'll have to excuse my cluelessness on this one...
As of right now, I have no idea where anybody will be sitting at the Q. I do know that each of the 12 teams usually gets their own slice of the seats. If you're buying tickets from the JAR ticket office, you'll end up in UA's allotted section. If you're buying them when you get the the Q, I'm not sure how that works.

Also, I was wondering if there is any word about Rowdy/MAC Tourney info as it might pertain to alumni Rowdies, as I and basically all of my Rowdy comrades have since graduated and i no longer have my finger on the pulse of Akron's driving force... i.e. Is there a way to get tickets in the rowdies section somehow, or are alumni basically on their own? This is my first semester as an alumni so you'll have to excuse my cluelessness on this one...
As of right now, I have no idea where anybody will be sitting at the Q. I do know that each of the 12 teams usually gets their own slice of the seats. If you're buying tickets from the JAR ticket office, you'll end up in UA's allotted section. If you're buying them when you get the the Q, I'm not sure how that works.
Thanks uakronkid.. I know in past years Rowdies typically moved around to a different seating section per each round of the tourney, so I'm thinking I'll either have to play it by ear basically or just get tix at the JAR and represent the Blue and Gold in the ol' alumni way (although i really do want to get rowdy!) .. Any knowledge as to whether or not the Rowdies are still doing the Hard Rock pre game thing this year at tower city? (as last year was uber cool..) Well, either way I may just have to stop in and have a good luck pre-game toast! :cheers::screwks: