The "I hate Can't" Haiku Contest

Okay, Zips fans. Show your love for a classic Japanese artform, while simultaneously expressing your contempt for the Golden Showers of Can't State. Haiku consists of three lines. First line, 5 syllables. Second line, 7 syllables. Third line, 5 syllables.I'll kick off with...I love hating Can'tYearly, we pound those dirtbagsWagon wheel we own!

Kill Golden flushesBoo let all the hippies dieBurn Historic Can't
I am deeply moved, g-mann17. Abjectly hateful, yet rife with the exquisite nuance of high art.
Thank you, Thank you :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow: Dear Historic Can'tReally are StautzenbergerNow, go to corner

Well I was really more interested in a Shakespearian sonnet with an interesting iambic pentameter but since you asked for haiku:Football 33Can't's to Akron's last champAnd Basketball 1But I'll end with a limerickSo that you say that our team's in the canAnd it was never a part of our planBut you cannot complainuntil you've suffered real painand tragically end up as a K.S.U. fan

Well I was really more interested in a Shakespearian sonnet with an interesting iambic pentameter but since you asked for haiku:Football 33Can't's to Akron's last champAnd Basketball 1But I'll end with a limerickSo that you say that our team's in the canAnd it was never a part of our planBut you cannot complainuntil you've suffered real painand tragically end up as a K.S.U. fan
Very clever MDZip! :bow: 2005-1972=33 2009-2008=1I'm going for a rhyming haiku.Each head coach a bumFrom Doug Martin to Dick CrumTo watch is to numb

Awesome, MDZip!Sonnets are nice, and limmericks are great.But haiku lends something unique to the spirited expression of venom and vitriol. G-mann17, for example, was able to express his desire that the entire city of Can't to be burned to the ground with a sort of aesthetic dignity and style unavailable in the normal use of language.Plus, haiku is really fun. B)